Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/18/2014 10:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shaolin Center/Jake Mace/Phoenix Longevity: youtube's biggest McDojo Fraud

I basically have had enough of it, someone other than 1 or 2 legitimate kung fu practitioners who's done 3-4 years plus trying to expose him on his own videos only get shut down by his sarcasm, most people would defend their position with historical lineages and facts.

Jake throws his hippie sarcasm in hope to dodge the question.

This video serves the purpose of exposing this fraud, this video does not serve any other purpose other than tell people to wake up! do your research into kung fu! there's a reason why kung fu won't make you combat capable within 3 years.

you buy his video? especially his video on how to become a tai chi master within his 1 video? real taichi practitioners can't master it unless they did 40 years + and there's a good reason behind that! internal styles take far longer to understand due to the philosophical properties.

Jake Mace is younger than age 38 and older than age 28, how many styles of kung fu can he pack into that age range and teach it like he's mastered it? Even if he didn't do this intentionally then why does he mislead with all his videos? misleading is the same as deception and dishonesty is part of deception.

sound like bullshit to you? probably is.

also, there is no safety disclaimer in any of his videos.

As if passive training isn't bad enough, he's advocating you can defend yourself with what he's teaching you by him demonstrating the applications to thin air!

Furthermore, I have a prediction....if any master of the styles that he claims to know go to visit him to test his legitimacy...what will happen?

he will hide and wait for the storm to blow over!

if he is indeed legitimate, prove it not in the form of a fight, just that he has some lineage he can share which will clear everything up.

a kung fu practitioner is supposed to be humble, there's nothing humble about him in his latest video after buying a wooden dummy saying (ip man should be proud of me) why would he? did you learn wing chun from his lineage?

Master Wong has proved it! (no.1 kung fu teacher in England)

Izzo Tactical has proved it! (very respectable wing chun teacher in USA)

Sifu Fernendez of Italy also has proved it!

If what Jake teaches at his school is completely opposite to what he's trying to illustrate on youtube that would be very confusing.

If you do log on to his website and read his profile the majority of what he does is in the soft internal arts, Taichi, Bagua, Chi Gong (that is all well and good) so why the tiger claw? why the wing chun? why is he trying to mislead and teach on youtube what he doesn't know?

recently Jake "Fake" Mace even fabricated a video of him taking his wife to China and go to the Hua Mountains, then he did some form of kung fu on the mountain and then he labelled it as Hua Fist Style....but there were no monks or teachers there!

華拳 is the chinese characters for this and here is the most rediculous part, in his most recent video he translated the two words as FLOWER FIST

中華民國 or republic of china, see the 2nd word? both pronounced as HUA? tone difference between that word and 花 (flower)

he can't tell! he's making up bullshit! and he's profitting so much money from it!

he said he learnt kung fu since age 8, me and some other legitimate Sifu's did some research on him, we found out of the 20 years of Kung Fu he learnt his teacher got sued because his teacher was fraudulent it turned out his teacher made up everyting.

he decided to follow that fraudulent behaviour to profit and adopted that mentality!

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/18/2014 2:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BringJakeDown View Post
    I basically have had enough of it, someone other than 1 or 2 legitimate kung fu practitioners who's done 3-4 years plus trying to expose him on his own videos only get shut down by his sarcasm, most people would defend their position with historical lineages and facts.
    Jake throws his hippie sarcasm in hope to dodge the question.
    It's youtube comments, I wouldn't defend myself seriously there either.

This video serves the purpose of exposing this fraud, this video does not serve any other purpose other than tell people to wake up! do your research into kung fu! there's a reason why kung fu won't make you combat capable within 3 years.
    Yes, but not just people like Jake it is many legit practitioners hiding behind "it is to deadly." I can name about 3 teachers that would give you practical defense skills in lessthan a year. I always laugh at "combat ready."

you buy his video? especially his video on how to become a tai chi master within his 1 video? real taichi practitioners can't master it unless they did 40 years + and there's a good reason behind that! internal styles take far longer to understand due to the philosophical properties.
    While I think he learned a bunch of bullshit, what you typed is bullshit a well.

Jake Mace is younger than age 38 and older than age 28, how many styles of kung fu can he pack into that age range and teach it like he's mastered it? Even if he didn't do this intentionally then why does he mislead with all his videos? misleading is the same as deception and dishonesty is part of deception.

sound like bullshit to you? probably is.
    Can you get proof he is a master? Can you show us screen captures, links, emails or videos of him saying he is a master?

also, there is no safety disclaimer in any of his videos.
    Kind of like there is no disclaimer that you don't have proof he is a fraud?

As if passive training isn't bad enough, he's advocating you can defend yourself with what he's teaching you by him demonstrating the applications to thin air!
    He has videos with partners as well.

Furthermore, I have a prediction....if any master of the styles that he claims to know go to visit him to test his legitimacy...what will happen?

he will hide and wait for the storm to blow over!
    He has had MULTIPLE instructors at his school, so your prediction just failed.

if he is indeed legitimate, prove it not in the form of a fight, just that he has some lineage he can share which will clear everything up.

a kung fu practitioner is supposed to be humble, there's nothing humble about him in his latest video after buying a wooden dummy saying (ip man should be proud of me) why would he? did you learn wing chun from his lineage?
    LOL, this is a myth:
    Bruce Lee
    Hung I Shiang
    Yang Lutang..... and others were far from humble.

Master Wong has proved it! (no.1 kung fu teacher in England)

Izzo Tactical has proved it! (very respectable wing chun teacher in USA)

Sifu Fernendez of Italy also has proved it!
    Proved what exactly? I've seen some of Izzo's videos he is far from humble. If it is the Master Wong I'm thinking of, you should be punched in the face for lying and implying he is humble.

If what Jake teaches at his school is completely opposite to what he's trying to illustrate on youtube that would be very confusing.

If you do log on to his website and read his profile the majority of what he does is in the soft internal arts, Taichi, Bagua, Chi Gong (that is all well and good) so why the tiger claw? why the wing chun? why is he trying to mislead and teach on youtube what he doesn't know?
    Wing chun? When did he start teaching wing Chun?

recently Jake "Fake" Mace even fabricated a video of him taking his wife to China and go to the Hua Mountains, then he did some form of kung fu on the mountain and then he labelled it as Hua Fist Style....but there were no monks or teachers there!
    He's been to China a few times with Shoalin-Do/Chinese Shaolin center and on his own. Prove that the video is fabricated.

華拳 is the chinese characters for this and here is the most rediculous part, in his most recent video he translated the two words as FLOWER FIST

中華民國 or republic of china, see the 2nd word? both pronounced as HUA? tone difference between that word and 花 (flower)

he can't tell! he's making up bullshit! and he's profitting so much money from it!
    Good lord phonetics? Really? You just misspelled ridiculous and profiting, so I should call you a fraud because you can't spell something correctly? His instructor translated it that way and we pass on what we know.

he said he learnt kung fu since age 8, me and some other legitimate Sifu's did some research on him, we found out of the 20 years of Kung Fu he learnt his teacher got sued because his teacher was fraudulent it turned out his teacher made up everything.
    Well, if you kept researching, you'd find out it was JAKE who sued the teacher and got the definition where his teacher said he made up forms.

he decided to follow that fraudulent behaviour to profit and adopted that mentality!
    I introduced Jake to the art and while I disagree with many of his practices I laugh at your profit comment. He teaches much of his **** for free, keeps reasonable rates and is generally a decent guy. Yes, I wish he'd stop teaching, go train verifiable lineage arts and open his school under a legit banner. Still, if you are going to call him a fraud back it up with proof.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/18/2014 2:21pm at .

Posted On:
    5/18/2014 8:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai & Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I've found Jake's videos to be entertaining.

However, that's because I find the idea of trying to learn any sort of Martial Art, Kung Fu or otherwise via Youtube to be ludicrous.

I feel that these videos may be something of value, in the sense of being informative and maybe introducing to people to Martial Arts or certain techniques they are unfamiliar with. Sure, one can argue that perhaps his techniques have no legitimate backing, if one can prove it that is. But from what I can tell, he seems to have some training and pretty decent form in his art.

Any publicity for CMA can't be a bad thing, particularly in this post-UFC world where MMA and BJJ dominate (not that I have anything against either).

I do agree that there should be some sort of disclaimer. I mean, people shouldn't need to be babysat, but I mean, people are idiots. It would also be nice if he would come out and officiate his rank and standing within whatever traditional arts he has 'mastered'.

For now, I think we should all just treat his videos as good old entertainment.

That is just my 2 cents.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/19/2014 1:40am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good lord, you are just making **** up. You have done ZERO research at all. First, If I bothered to really go through my old training, I could Identify what styles or techniques he is using from my old art.

Second, NOWHERE does he say he is TEACHING or TRAINING Wing Chun. He calls it a Wing Chun Dummy for youtube hits. Can you guess why? More exposure. I wasted my time watching BOTH videos and you do not understand what was written or stated.

I read some of the comments and people are being idiots. People are crying because he isn't teaching a Wing Chun set. Uhmm yeah, HE DOESN'T KNOW WING CHUN. Go research, the wooden dummy exists in MULTIPLE CHINESE STYLES.

Hung Gar
    Taiji Praying Mantis
    Choy Lee Fut

Yes, he says Kata, guess who taught him that term? His Indonesian/Chinese former GRANDMASTER. So, while using the Chinese appeal to authority, you just dumped a bunch of irony in this thread.

If I wanted to, I could rip apart at least 50% of your misinformation with verifiable acts. Remember, don't use lies to out a liar, it makes you no better than the person you are accusing.

LOL, please explain the martial arts body.