Posted On:5/08/2014 5:47pm
Style: FMA, Ego Warrior
My god, this is incredible. It may very well be that elusive "vid" the legends speak of.
We've got a 40 year old neighborhood practitioner with an unorthodox style. A doctor by day, Angelito moonlights as a champion cage fighter with a 3-0-0 record.
We've also got what appears to be a younger, fitter opponent boasting a well rounded arsenal of Boxing, Wrestling, Judo and Muay Thai. This kid is so standard issue he could be an MMA action figure. (Shitty tattoo decals sold separately)
Watch as Old Boy deftly Karates? (YUSS) Chain-punches!?! (HWATT?) Gracie Kicks!! (Hell, why not?) TRAPS!!!?!?!? (Dafuq is in this drink?) Hardly ever has his hands up. (Because now we are obviously in The Twilight Zone) And DUMOGS!!!!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) His way into possition to ground and pound that poor young man's soul right out of his freaking body!
Anyways, for your consideration;
"Old Filipino Doctor Brutally Knock Out a Young American Kickboxer"
Posted On:5/08/2014 5:56pm
Style: Judo noob, injured guy.
Wow. That kid got the crap kicked out of him. There may be hope for some success in MMA for me yet!
Posted On:5/08/2014 6:57pm
That was unexpected.
Posted On:5/08/2014 8:22pm
Style: dead lifting
Very cool. An inspiration to everyone over 40. thanks for the vid.
Posted On:5/08/2014 9:28pm
Posted On:5/08/2014 10:09pm
This kinda reminded me of the beatdown that Peter Davis gave Waqar Umar in One FC 14.
Posted On:5/08/2014 10:59pm
If do right, no can defense.
Posted On:5/09/2014 3:00am
I'm just stoked (as an FMA guy) that I finally got to see the "Filipino Everyman VS MMA Generalist" match up that every single after class conversion I have ever heard has inevitably turned to...
That it turned out the way all the FMA fanboys wished is all to Angelito's credit.
So what revolutionary technique could made his eccentric style so effective? Dude says he "sparred with everybody". Yup.
So there you have it. A simultaneous vindication of both aging TMA fighters and Aliveness. Which is pretty awesome when you think about it. Were talking several layers of win here. Meta-win.
See? Random, older Filipino guys really do make great martial artists!
Posted On:5/09/2014 1:51pm
"Karate is my life"
- Angelito "The Saint" Manguray.
Or as I now think of him, "The Iron Prostate".
Posted On:5/09/2014 6:51pm
Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling
1. I bet Angelito's opponent's camp was like, 'hey man, you're fighting a 40 year old dentist, easy warm up fight.'
2. That little Filipino dude has some heavy hands.
3. Impressive use of traditional karate in the cage. I'm sure there are other guys out there but outside of Machida I haven't seen much of that.
4. I'm waiting for Monkey Style kung fu to make it's MMA debut and claim its crown as the most effective and dominant MA style that exists today. And before any one you bastards post some random videos of monkey style kung fu guys getting owned... those guys didn't have TEH R3AL.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info