Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 6:38pm

Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Total ****. I think this is more in line with what you're looking for:

No offense Holy, but that was a **** video for choke defense, were you trolling bro? I've tried that before and it backfired so badly, it was hilarious. Never pull out UNDER someone's arm, they just crank on Half Nelson, the GJJ video on page one was more on the money mate.

Also, remember what Bass said? "Never **** with someone who has dominant position on you". Getting RNCed is a dominant position. I have actually live drilled that under almost realistic conditions, it doesn't work. A throw of some sort is better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 6:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Osoto Gari video...I guess this guy is a McMMA? Wow, even as an Aikido guy I can see so many holes in that, you can just load him onto your hips when he leans back and pivot...end game. Or you know...just trip him?

He screwing up his base of balance, to throw a guy who is fully rooted? Wtf? Also, why do all the frauds get good production value videos, why can't Sambo Steve do stuff like that? *pouts*

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting RNCed is only an inferior position if you forget you have the capacity to throw a back elbow. The defenses the Gracies invented for the rear strangle are primarily tailored to work in a SPORT situation. In real life, a good shot to the solar plexis is all you need to send a guy crumpling to the floor. All that other **** is unnecessary.

Funny how people go looking to BJJ for a strangle defense when karate already invented a reliable method over a thousand years before Helio was even a glint in his mother's eye.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Getting RNCed is only an inferior position if you forget you have the capacity to throw a back elbow. The defenses the Gracies invented for the rear strangle are primarily tailored to work in a SPORT situation. In real life, a good shot to the solar plexis is all you need to send a guy crumpling to the floor. All that other **** is unnecessary. Funny how people go looking to BJJ for a strangle defense when karate already invented a reliable method over a thousand years before Helio was even a glint in his mother's eye.

Have you managed to work your way out of an RNC using just an elbow/basic blind strikes? It's been an epic fail in my experience, maybe I just suck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 9:14pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    I'm a one-stripe BJJ white belt, though PBJJ does a lot of standing takedowns and throws. Not even Judo. Aren't you supposed to drive through with Osoto Gari, not lean back and be a reaping buffet?

Still not as hilarious as Guided Chaos.
    Yes: chest contact, a deep penetration step, getting the uke loaded backwards/on the reaping leg etc. Even his reap is shitty.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 12:55am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone can see he's got no idea what he's doing in that throw video, and yet it has 40 times more likes than dislikes. That's what boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk_ View Post
    No offense Holy, but that was a **** video for choke defense, were you trolling bro?
    Milk_, I think you need to take a (Holy) moment and go through our friend's post history here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 1:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Milk_, I think you need to take a (Holy) moment and go through our friend's post history here.
    I hear ya Cap, I got confused with another serious thread I'm running on the same topic: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122989

'Tis was late at night, ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 1:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But you guys have a point, his views rates, like rates and the actual rate of people viewing the videos is fishy. Anyone think he's gaming the YouTube system to give himself likes and views?

His production quality is pretty good, how does he pay for that if not via sponsors or YouTube checks? There's more off about this guy than his utter lack of technical ability and common sense when it comes to MMA.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk_ View Post
    Have you managed to work your way out of an RNC using just an elbow/basic blind strikes? It's been an epic fail in my experience, maybe I just suck.
    That's because you weren't exhaling from your hara during the kiai.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    8/22/2014 1:47am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Strike's new thread just led me back to this guy's channel. There are some diamonds in the rough here. This is not one of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast