Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2014 6:44pm

Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking at the fight record, he should be teaching how to apply the RNC, not defend against it. Also, he still has no business teaching sloppy technique like that. But thanks for letting us know that he has fought in MMA. 9 wins/12 losses, majority of his wins via RNC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2014 9:37pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzu View Post
    Yeah, most of his videos teaching basic submissions (keylocks, armbars and the like) are pretty straightforward and competently done, though usually giving only a cursory overview of the technique. My impression is that this guy has watched a lot of videos, been to some MMA/BJJ classes and is building this online persona of himself as some hardened cage fighter, though there are holes in his teaching that convey a certain lack of refinement typical to one with limited hands-on experience (trust me, it takes one to know one). I'd take his videos with a pinch of salt.
    I'm by no means a ground expert (I am at a 50% standing 50% ground Judo club) but even I can identify the weaknesses of his escapes.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His entire series on judo throws is useless, throwing out dangerous tips such as "lean back to load up the osoto gari". He also has some incompetently irresponsible knife defense videos. Here's the throw video:

Seeing that the amount of hate he gets from commentors doesn't line up at all with the amount of "likes" many of his videos get, I've started to wonder just where he finds people quiet and ignorant enough to watch his **** and rate it. I also find it peculiar that analytics show that over ninety percent of that video's views came within the first few days of it being posted, with thousands of views a day for the first couple, and then less than a hundred a day afterwards. It was also pointed out by one commentor that this particular video was a repost of an earlier video he had just recently taken down.

What are the chances he scrubbed a failing video and then bought himself an early Christmas gift?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Total ****. I think this is more in line with what you're looking for:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 4:58pm

Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    His entire series on judo throws is useless, throwing out dangerous tips such as "lean back to load up the osoto gari". He also has some incompetently irresponsible knife defense videos. Here's the throw video:

Seeing that the amount of hate he gets from commentors doesn't line up at all with the amount of "likes" many of his videos get, I've started to wonder just where he finds people quiet and ignorant enough to watch his **** and rate it. I also find it peculiar that analytics show that over ninety percent of that video's views came within the first few days of it being posted, with thousands of views a day for the first couple, and then less than a hundred a day afterwards. It was also pointed out by one commentor that this particular video was a repost of an earlier video he had just recently taken down.

What are the chances he scrubbed a failing video and then bought himself an early Christmas gift?
    Leaning back to load up Osoto Gari? Holy ****, that's begging to get countered by... Osoto Gari! By grapthar's hammer, what a dumbass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 5:16pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that was pretty... well, mediocre overall. It wasn't the worst sub defense I've ever seen, like say those Wing Chun "ground work" videos, but it just doesn't account for a live opponent. Then again, that is the case with almost every MMA technique video out there.

I'll give him this, though: "Strong Island" is a pretty rad nickname.

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 5:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ideally this sort of think can't really be learned via Video you need to train it in an alive manner with a competent instructor and attacker.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a one-stripe BJJ white belt, though PBJJ does a lot of standing takedowns and throws. Not even Judo. Aren't you supposed to drive through with Osoto Gari, not lean back and be a reaping buffet?

Still not as hilarious as Guided Chaos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 6:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    I'm a one-stripe BJJ white belt, though PBJJ does a lot of standing takedowns and throws. Not even Judo. Aren't you supposed to drive through with Osoto Gari, not lean back and be a reaping buffet?

Still not as hilarious as Guided Chaos.
    Staying forward is critical if you don't want to have the same throw performed on you. I spent a ton of time drilling that technique last friday. I love it, but that guy is doing it wrong. Very, very wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2014 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also side note: is it just me, or is his training surface actually cardboard?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast