223861 Bullies, 3804 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 36 of 36
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Milk_ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kenya, Nairobi
    Posts
    150

    Posted On:
    5/15/2014 12:43am


     Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    A folding knife with a locking blade is any knife that has a means of keeping the blade open, yours is apparently a locking blade. There are several types. I'd look into getting a good-sized locking folder knife that you can open with a single hand that has a pocket clip. Something like this:



    Admin note: it's failing to generate the local file.
    Dude! That's the knife I have, even the same spider logo is on it. But mine's without a black handle. It has a belt clip too. How do you open it quickly though? It takes me around 2 seconds at my best, when it's out. Pulling it of my belt, flicking it open and stabbing someone would take ages.

    But still, any tips on opening it as fast as possible would be welcome.
  2. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,530

    Posted On:
    5/15/2014 1:21am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk_ View Post
    Dude! That's the knife I have, even the same spider logo is on it. But mine's without a black handle. It has a belt clip too. How do you open it quickly though? It takes me around 2 seconds at my best, when it's out. Pulling it of my belt, flicking it open and stabbing someone would take ages.

    But still, any tips on opening it as fast as possible would be welcome.
    I used to do this when I carried a Spyderco:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1o-TMN8LCw

    makes the draw from the pocket also open it.
  3. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,431

    Posted On:
    5/15/2014 11:06am

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk_ View Post
    I don't carry a knife, and isn't that escalating the situation?
    Normally I'd say yes, but if someone's air-choking you with a metal bar, I would assess the situation as already being "escalated'.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  4. Milk_ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kenya, Nairobi
    Posts
    150

    Posted On:
    5/15/2014 11:14am


     Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Normally I'd say yes, but if someone's air-choking you with a metal bar, I would assess the situation as already being "escalated'.
    Yes of course, that's true. What I meant is...the guy choking has the superior position, even IF I have the better weapon, somehow I imagined regaining my position of fucking up his would be a prerequisite to pulling out the knife. Also, I'd need to use one arm to get to the knife, instead of having two to better hold off the choke and do a Seoinage or something.
  5. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,431

    Posted On:
    5/15/2014 11:27am

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk_ View Post
    Yes of course, that's true. What I meant is...the guy choking has the superior position, even IF I have the better weapon, somehow I imagined regaining my position of fucking up his would be a prerequisite to pulling out the knife. Also, I'd need to use one arm to get to the knife, instead of having two to better hold off the choke and do a Seoinage or something.
    Counterthrowing is, quite likely, still your best tactic. Carrying a knife still seems advisable, though. Plans within plans and all that.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  6. Milk_ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kenya, Nairobi
    Posts
    150

    Posted On:
    5/15/2014 11:34am


     Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Counterthrowing is, quite likely, still your best tactic. Carrying a knife still seems advisable, though. Plans within plans and all that.
    Oh, right, yes definitely a good idea to have a knife handy here. Totally. I thought you were advising me to give up on the throw and try to stab instead. Don't worry, once the Seoinage or whatever throw lands, I'm stabbing that fucker hard!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.