Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2014 7:48pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira

So if he gets past this guy we get what we really want Jones/Gustafuson 2? Not to put Glover down this will be good if he can get past Jones reach and the KO is a real possibility. Can't take a side on Davis vs Johnson I would like to see any one of them go though the ranks and face Jones. Here's the line up.

Main card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Light Heavyweight Jon Jones (c) vs. Glover Teixeira [a]
    Light Heavyweight Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
    Middleweight Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch
    Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Yancy Medeiros
    Featherweight Max Holloway vs. Andre Fili
    Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
    Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Tim Elliott
    Lightweight Takanori Gomi vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
    Women's Bantamweight Jessamyn Duke vs. Bethe Correia
    Lightweight Danny Castillo vs. Charlie Brenneman
    Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Bantamweight Chris Beal vs. Patrick Williams
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/25/2014 10:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see the main event but the rest of the card doesn't excite me.

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 3:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very exciting main event, though. Teixeira's dangerous, but he has not faced half the level of competition that Jones has, his wrestling is worse and he is much shorter. I imagine that Jones will be able to capitalise on his Dhalsim-like reach to keep Teixeira at bay and that he'll be able to completely dominate him in the clinch as well as take him down at will.

I'll take Jones by a hard-fought but convincing decision.

I also believe Davis will outwork Johnson. I've a hard time respecting Johnson's work ethic due to his numerous incidents of missing weight and Davis is a tough fight for anyone returning to the UFC for a second chance.

Davis will take the decision.
    Last edited by Shawarma; 4/26/2014 3:46am at .

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, Texeira is overrated IMO. I predict Jones is going to destroy him.

Honestly, Texeira is overrated IMO. I predict Jones is going to destroy him.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 11:14am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My pics - Jones, Davis, Rockhold, Miller, Gomi. I am happy to see the Fireball Kid back. Some of these pics could be via one-sided beatdowns ...

My pics - Jones, Davis, Rockhold, Miller, Gomi. I am happy to see the Fireball Kid back. Some of these pics could be via one-sided beatdowns ...

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 4:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ordering PPV

I used to do the PPV, but the fights are getting too expensive. Switched to etvshare last fight. Worked pretty well

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 7:57pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm interested in the main event, though I don't see Teixeira having much of a shot unless he adds more to his arsenal. He is pretty much always throwing that right overhand. Even Ryan Bader, who is nowhere near being an elite striker, was able to out strike him pretty consistently until he got Teixeira against the fence and thought "hey, I'll drop my hands and keep throwing the same punch while I stay in the same place! Nothing could go wrong!"

Holloway vs Fili ought to be cool, and its nice to see Gomi coming back. But I'm not too excited about this one either. I'd say something about having so many cards that all of them therefore become diluted, but that conversation has been had more than enough already.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn Brennan got knocked da fuq out and Bethe I'm calling her little Vandeli. I really need to listen to the commentary cause I have no ideal what Duke was trying to do in the submission department. Did she think a few take down would overrule all the strikes she was eating?
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 9:49am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:
    Jon Jones: I don't think I've ever seen someone so BORED while fighting. He did whatever he felt like, almost to the point of carelessness.

Spoiler:
    Jon Jones: I don't think I've ever seen someone so BORED while fighting. He did whatever he felt like, almost to the point of carelessness.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 12:10pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Texiera deserves so,e credit for taking enough punishment to knock out a lesser man multiple times while remaining standing. I mean holy ****. Did you guys see some of the hits he took?

Also, I thought that Luke Rockhold looked awesome last night. I mean seriously, watch this ****. it looks awesome:

I think Texiera deserves so,e credit for taking enough punishment to knock out a lesser man multiple times while remaining standing. I mean holy ****. Did you guys see some of the hits he took?

Also, I thought that Luke Rockhold looked awesome last night. I mean seriously, watch this ****. it looks awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i_vdJmBE4E
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast