Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2014 10:42pm

Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Just a friendly public reminder to anybody using the Maryland SOR for any particular purpose..
    Dude...I'm not even the same continent. Besides, there's a gang of bikers that would have a more vested interest in our child molester.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    5/03/2014 12:43am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well done C0WB0Y. You fight for the users. Kudos for having the balls to call the detective and getting real information.

LOL@attempts to whitewash Facebook...game over man. Game over.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thre...e-BB/?&page=11

C0WB0Y -
    Ok… so much to address.

1.) I’m not sure why so many of you want to keep arguing about what exactly Ruben did. I personally don’t care to debate whether he used only one or two fingers. The guy is a Tier III sex offender and in my opinion has absolutely no business setting foot inside any martial arts facility that teaches children. End of story. You all can keep debating semantics amongst yourselves till the end of time. I’ve made my call.

2.) I did contact the Worcester County Sheriff’s Department today and spoke to Detective Howard who is in charge of all sex offenders. He immediately recognized Ruben’s name and said he was very familiar with him and offered to answer any questions I might have. Detective Howard said he was aware that Ruben was teaching at OC Fight Club per their last required contact. I was informed that while Ruben may not legally set foot on the premises of a school, daycare, licensed after-school program or any county-run youth programs, when it comes to a private business, like OC Fight Club, he is not breaking any laws just by being there, although the detective highly advised against it.

3.) In regards to OC Fight Club’s pathetic “Press Release” I would call Charlie Rites a dirty liar, but I know Charlie is too dumb to even know how to turn a computer on and that his wife Tina handles all the Facebooking for him. The claim that Ruben Martinez is only a “former member” who had nothing to do with coaching is total bullshit. Last night the OC Fight club Facebook page was scrubbed to remove any trace of Ruben. However, it’s not too difficult to stay a step of head of simple-minded people. I took the liberty of screenshotting a few pictures of Ruben on their page. You’ll notice the March 15th coverphoto of Ruben, Charlie and Charlie’s son, Jake has been deleted from the Facebook site.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 5/03/2014 12:47am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/03/2014 12:57am

Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are these people trying so hard to keep the molester onboard and hidden? First they openly admit to OP that they know what he is, continue to shelter him, and eve stand up for him after a fashion. Surely his services as a boxer aren't worth all that, are they?

I smell (and I have a VERY SHARP nose) something bigger here, my brain tells me child molestation ring. But that's baseless conclusion I've pole vaulted too. Still, why back him up so much? It'd be much easier to go "oops! We didn't know" and kick his ass out.

Either he has dirt on them that assures their mutual defense, or something similar. Those are my latest thoughts on this developing story. Keep at it OP, good job.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/03/2014 11:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't scrubbed last night, it was white washed before the press release. The first thing I did was look to see if Ruben was a coach. I can find no mention of Ruben, also spelled Rubin, as a coach. Still, I found many instances of the guy being promoted all over the Facebook page. Yet, I had to read all of the Facebookposts through google cache. What's more interesting, there is an article where they call the Rubin a UFC Fighter.

Here is the article:
    http://mdcoastdispatch.com/2014/03/2...-c-fight-club/

O.C. Fight Club owner and trainer Charlie Rites (right) spars with UFC fighter Rubin Martinez.
    This article was published 3/20/2014.
    Now, it could very well be the reporter's fault for the identification, but who knows.

Now, looking at this google cache:
    OC Fight Club
    Don't miss OC Fight Clubs Ruben Martinez fighting Saturday October 20th Shogun Fights. We have tickets for sale for $47.00 if anyone is interested. Come watch Ruben smash his opponent and represent Ocean City!
    The above fight took place October 20, 2012.

Ruben(in) is now listed under a different fight club. Still, in my opinion, you are being disingenuous when you thank the guy for helping you move, he is in an article under your club name, fought under your banner and all of this was done until the end of March. It is a HELL of a COINCIDENCE he no longer trains or possibly works there when this blows up. Funny, they own up, say they made a mistake and their logical fallacy would have worked.

"It was brought to our attention we had a sex offender working/training for us. He has many aliases and we had no clue of his offenses or conviction. Once we were informed, we immediately took steps to remove him from our gym and Facebook page. A disgruntled former trainer began calling various students, while we were conducting our investigation of the claims. We felt he was trying to leave, steal students, undermine the investigation. So, we questioned his ethics and terminated his contract with the gym as well. This trainer is now smearing us on the website because he doesn't understand the legalities of firing an employee. Apparently, our termination of Ruben was not handled quickly enough for him."

Short, simple and to the point. You can argue from this point just based on the multiple aliases the guy has on the offender registry. Nope, they decided to go scorched earth and they screwed up.

Oh do STFU with the molestation ring bullshit. Things like this happen all of the time when there is no due diligence done by a private organization.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/03/2014 11:25am at .

Posted On:
    6/04/2014 2:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's right on the cover page. Very stupid of them. I can't imagine this is a good thing for their business.

I can't post links or pics yet, but their cover photo is of him smiling while hitting pads.

Posted On:
    6/05/2014 9:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They still have the guy right on the cover of their main Facebook page. I can't post links yet, but it's there, plain as day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 6:42pm

Style: SEKKJBA, MACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me of when I outed a wanna be sex offending Ninjer and collapsed his club.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2014 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job OP..kudos for seeing this through and bringing this disgusting news to light.
    Hopefully, the diddler will get his just desserts in the ring if he does continue to fight professionally.
    Tap ? What tap ? *SNAP*
    One can only hope.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could somebody please photoshop Ruben with a pony tail and creepy little beard, like 'the Jesus'.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2014 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan, Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My name is Mark Adler and I trained with Tatu for about 6 months when he was at force fitness in cocoa beach.

As to the topic of this discussion: He told me about him and Dave having a falling out, and was pretty upset about it at the time - 2010. And it did happen after Dave came down and tested for his black belt here. Tatu said it indeed was over money too. However, he said the disagreement was because Dave was running the schools up north while Tatu was here in Brevard, and that Dave refused to send him his cut of the rent money he was owed. So I can confirm the comments surrounding the falling out between them.

I think it is also worthwhile to note that Dave trained with him almost a full decade and was successful as a competitor. So regardless of whether unethical practices were involved, Dave legitimately worked for the rank.

I write this because I do not want anyone reading it to question whether Dave or Tatu are legit. Because their competition records are a matter of fact, and lineage is impeccable right to the Gracies. The allegations of unscrupulous and/or unethical business practices by either of them, is another matter.

While I did not witness any rank selling while training there. I was witness to dishonesty on Tatu's part. When I signed up I was told he had a year contract so he would be my coach at least that long. He left before his contract was up and lied about why he was doing so. He said he was being deported, which made no sense to me, since he had been in the states a long time and has children that are U.S. citizens by birth.

I couple months after he left and ATT took over the gym contract, one of the guys that hung out with him slipped up and told me he was teaching at a gym in Indialantic. Tatu phoned me a couple weeks later to invite me down there to continue training with him.

Hurt my feelings he was not honest with me about why he was leaving. We had developed a good rapport and I see no reason he did not level with me.

As a positive comment about his character, I fixed his laptop for him. I was just doing it as a solid and because it was a fairly easy troubleshoot and fix as I recall. He refused to let it go at that, and gave me a couple of privates so that it was a trade of services. So he gave me hours of free one on one training he was under no obligation to.

letting the douche that abuses children train with him should not be held against him though IMO. He was always welcoming of anyone that walked in to roll. We had members of various different teams come in to train. When BTT left Unlimited MMA most of the students came to roll with us for awhile until the owners chased them away. Tatu did not seem to mind at all. He was always very mellow and just wanted to roll.

My point is: he never vetted anyone, and was super casual about all things. I do not think he would ever question anyone about anything or even cared. He just wanted to roll. Always.

To the gentleman that started this thread: I am sorry to read of what has happened to you. And it certainly sounds like your experiences with Tatu's guys has been different than my own. But having been around when some of the stuff you referenced occurred. And having been lied to myself, I unfortunately have little difficulty accepting it is all very possibly accurate.

I hope I have not violated any posting guidelines. If I have, I understand and accept any actions taken by the staff in this matter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12