Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 10:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

He/she/it is Cyborg

BALTIMORE -- It doesn't seem like Ronda Rousey is going to be disciplined for calling Cris Cyborg "an it."

UFC president Dana White said in his pre-UFC 172 media scrum Thursday that he doesn't believe Rousey's comments were of a homophobic or transphobic nature and that a reporter who called GLAAD is an "idiot."

"She's not a transgender fighter," White said of Cyborg. "She's a woman. What Ronda is saying is [Cyborg has] taken so many drugs, she's probably not a woman anymore. She's not a transgender fighter. She didnít have a surgery."

Rousey's full quote to Yahoo! was as follows: "This girl has been on steroids for so long and [has been] injecting herself for so long that she's not even a woman anymore. She's an 'it.'"

Cyborg was busted for steroids in 2009, but has not tested positive since in organizations outside of the UFC. White said it's the fight business and "people say mean things about each other."

Josh Hedges/Forza LLC-Zuffa LLC
    Cris Cyborg was popped for performance-enhancing drugs in 2011.
    Rousey's words, though, caused quite a stir. MMA apparel brand Americana even offered $5,000 to the first fighter to knock Rousey out. Rousey, the UFC women's bantamweight champion, defends her belt against Alexis Davis at UFC 175 on July 5.

"She called [Cyborg] an 'it,'" White said. "[Cyborg] calls Ronda a chicken. Is Ronda a chicken? Should Ronda be offended by being called a chicken? Grow the f*** up, everybody."

White admitted to talking trash about Cyborg in the past himself.

"I said when I saw her at the MMA Awards, she looked like Wanderlei Silva in a dress and heels," White said. "And she did. Did she not? Who wants to dispute that she didnít look like Wanderlei? [She was] jacked up on steroids beyond belief and looked like Wanderlei Silva."

The UFC did at one point try to obtain Cyborg's contract after parent company Zuffa bought Strikeforce, where Cyborg (and Rousey) were fighting at the time. But White said it's "not worth it in the big picture" to sign her right now, even for a megafight with Rousey, because of Cyborg's past history with performance-enhancing drugs and potential issues in cutting to Rousey's 135-pound weight class.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/d...g-an-it-042414

Well if this fight ever happens it should be good.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

^ Cyborg.

^ Cyborg, again.

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 1:12pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Working on the double post thing, damnit!

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I try to judge fighters solely on their performances in the cage. Ronda is making that very hard right now.

I'm just gonna say what's on everyone's mind: "Ronda, you're acting like a bitch."

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 3:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Ronda knows cyborg will never be able to safely drop to 135. So she's saying what ever she wants to make it seem cyborg isn't up to fighting her.

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 6:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Dana on this one.

Rhonda's comments where not aimed at the LGBT community.

I don't find her comment hateful or insensitive to anyone other than specifically who they where directed at. Although I suppose other female athletes that make heavy use of male hormones such as female body builders could certainly take offense.

However that group is typically not protected by "hate speech" nor is it one that the public gets up in arms about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 6:50pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rival fighters talk ****?!?!?! This is an outrage!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 9:37pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trash talk is what it is.

If this were two male fighters, no one would be talking about this.

Honestly, I'll bet that Dana White is going to milk this for everything it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the prime driver behind this; possibly even convincing Ronda and Cyborg to toss out insults just to draw in the publicity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rousey is basically the face of UFC with Silva and GSP gone...so yeah, Dana's definitely going to keep Rousey in the media as much as possible. Hell he encourages her behavior and the controversy she invites is so successful you have to wonder if it's coached at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2014 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...at the same time I really don't get way people have such a problem with her. I guess she isn't girly enough for most people?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast