Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 8:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Transition Chain - Knee Cutter Pass Chain - Jason Scully

In this video I go over one of my many transition chain drills to help you learn some of the proper reactions to have when you attempt a knee cutter pass and your opponent works to stop you. This is just one scenario for the knee cutter pass and their are many more. It's important to understand not just the single techniques but the transitions against your opponent's reactions as well.

Many grapplers just focus on single techniques and then years down the road they start to figure out transitions, but I see no reason at all to not drill transitions right away. I'm not talking about just submission combinations like many people talk about. I'm talking about reactions to specific reactions that you get from your opponent.

I believe drilling passing transitions is a great way to improve your understanding of transitions because the guard passing game is extremely dynamic.

I have a whole entire list of transition chains that I explain for passing transitions, submission transitions, positional transitions, escaping transitions, and more.

I'm currently in the process of filming a lot of conceptual videos.

I hope this video helps you but not just to understand this specific scenario. I hope it helps in a way to help think about your training in a different manner if you haven't been.

These types of drills should always be done in my opinion.

Thanks for watching,
    Jason Scully

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 8:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason it's very hard to edit threads. Here is the embedded video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76tBwuHw_c