Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2014 12:56pm

Style: Muay Thai / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just did a quick comparison of those bars to powder (Optimum Gold Standard) on the bodybuilding store site. The bar has les protein, more sodium and carbs and WAY more expensive.

1 Quest bar -20g protein $2 (probably more from a store)
    1 scoop of whey - 24g of protein $0.81 (catch is have to buy in bulk ie 2 or 5lbs).

But again, if you can afford to get this in real foods go that way and have supplements on hand for the days you don't reach you're daily nutrient goals.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2014 1:44pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay. Switching to protein powders once I run out of my current stock it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2014 2:08pm

Style: Muay Thai / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Order it online like from bodybuilding.com (amazing customer service). It will be half the price from buying it from a store (like GNC) even with shipping cost. Optimum Gold Standard 5lbs is $74 with shipping to my place and has 74 scoops per container (the highest Ive seen). You can get cheaper stuff but be cautious of how many scoops you get per container, Ive seen as low as 50 per 5lbs (the scoops are bigger you'll go through it fast) I also like the brands Bio-X and PVL. I only buy when there are sales like buy one get one free (sickest deal, Ive seen only once) or when the therr are price drops on certain products or something like 20% off entire site. I aslo like supplementsource.ca
    Last edited by xstyle; 5/21/2014 2:16pm at .

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 2:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Quest bars actually are pretty special in the sense that they are high in fiber and protein and have no sugar. But yeah, I can see where you are coming from. Probably going to completely redo this thing over the summer. More time = less compromises and better food.
    A couple of boiled eggs, an avocado a carrot a capsicum some fruit some nuts and so on. No reason you can't pack a lunch box.

Just eat one after the other or just snack.

That is pretty much what I do. But I am the worlds laziest cook.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12