I had a good sifu, tough, practical and open to new ideas. Was rather impressed and surprised after a lot of stuff I'd seen and heard about Kung Fu to find a sifu that taught a great deal of it like it was Muay Thai or MMA. Again we had the more traditional stuff which you'd expect, like patterns and horse stance stuff but the conditioning was brilliant and opened my eyes.

I honestly struggled with the pattern stuff as the way you stand is pretty much the opposite of Kickboxing. Also they don't encourage being on your toes. THough when sparring the sifu honestly didn't have problem with me using my kickboxing stuff during sparring and was quite happy to see I had some but limited BJJ experience and could handle myself on the ground. I honestly regret leaving the gym but work moved on as did I. Hope to make my way back some day and carry on my training.

Sorry, little off topic but maybe it expanded upon my Lau Gar experience.

I had a good sifu, tough, practical and open to new ideas. Was rather impressed and surprised after a lot of stuff I'd seen and heard about Kung Fu to find a sifu that taught a great deal of it like it was Muay Thai or MMA. Again we had the more traditional stuff which you'd expect, like patterns and horse stance stuff but the conditioning was brilliant and opened my eyes.

I honestly struggled with the pattern stuff as the way you stand is pretty much the opposite of Kickboxing. Also they don't encourage being on your toes. THough when sparring the sifu honestly didn't have problem with me using my kickboxing stuff during sparring and was quite happy to see I had some but limited BJJ experience and could handle myself on the ground. I honestly regret leaving the gym but work moved on as did I. Hope to make my way back some day and carry on my training.

Sorry, little off topic but maybe it expanded upon my Lau Gar experience.