Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    4/12/2014 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has already been ripped to shreds all over the net with his ranks and BS.

Another mouth boxing fraud who has more fake BS ranks than the other fake rank BS mouthboxers.

Sad little lying frauds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2014 2:20pm

Style: Shotokan JKD Concepts BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised to see some that are associated with him. GM SIFU RICHARD M. GUERRA appears to be valid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2014 2:50pm

Style: Shotokan JKD Concepts BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Blast View Post
    I'm surprised to see some that are associated with him. GM SIFU RICHARD M. GUERRA appears to be valid.
    after searching i see this guy was faking his military background, even if a badass, i've lost all respect for him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 5:32am

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10th dan in Dim Mak? I thought the Dim Mak was a move. Didn't think it was it's own fighting style. Interesting. Also, think we should get all these mouth boxers together and throw them in a pit. Last man standing gets to live...

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 7:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    Last man standing gets to live...
    What, you expect they would talk each other to death?
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 11:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    What, you expect they would talk each other to death?
    I think they would try to out bullshit one another to death. Before Thomas Daw tries to sell them all his DVD's and beats them to death with his 10th dan dance moves demonstration...

Posted On:
    4/13/2014 12:02pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Blast View Post
    Guerra has been a subject of discussion on Bullshido before - he does not come off well from the experience.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 3:25pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10th dan in Dim Mak? I thought the Dim Mak was a move. Didn't think it was it's own fighting style. Interesting. Also, think we should get all these mouth boxers together and throw them in a pit. Last man standing gets to live...
    Dim mak/dim yuet is not a "move" or set of special techniques and has little to do with death as is commonly portrayed.

It is really a strategy for striking/attacking sensitive locations and the types of attacks that go with that, which can mean a simple punch to the back of the neck (rabbit style).

Kidney and liver punches are examples of dim yuet (striking points) because you can rupture both organs that way (its happened in competition).

Choking someone out with a blood choke is an example of dim mak (manipulating a "channel" or system (e.g. circulatory) to produce a systemic effect).

The ancient Chinese aligned these effects with TCM theory, but you can explain most of these effects anatomically. It's not hard to understand the concepts behind dim mak once you've been put out by a 5 second carotid choke, or better, an instantaneous strike to the carotid/vasovagal area. Or, how a strike directly over the heart can cause cardiac arrest and death. It happens with baseballs, it can happen with a fist too.

But, any instructor claiming to have mastered a "style" of it is full of ****. Even if there were such a style, a 10th dan master would be expected to be able to strike you anywhere he wants, causing whatever damage/disruption he intends, in whatever time interval he desires. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/14/2014 3:31pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for clarifying, my knowledge on CMA is not the greatest, my experience being about a month of Lau Gar not too long back (not a bad art, aside from the more traditional stuff it seemed like MMA with a Kung Fu base if that makes any sense) so most of what I've heard of the Dim Mak is from the movies and pop culture osmosis.

Cheers anyway for correcting, the more you know and all that.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/16/2014 11:59am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for clarifying, my knowledge on CMA is not the greatest, my experience being about a month of Lau Gar not too long back (not a bad art, aside from the more traditional stuff it seemed like MMA with a Kung Fu base if that makes any sense) so most of what I've heard of the Dim Mak is from the movies and pop culture osmosis.

Cheers anyway for correcting, the more you know and all that.
    In any of the 5 family styles, Lau ga in particular, you should expect to find a decent balance of progressive san da/sparring and the traditional forms. Hung ga and Lau ga even share quite a few common elements, including some forms.

A sifu can teach you "dim mak" without telling you. They will just teach an application, and show you the best targets, and some of those targets will end up being useful for applications of "dim", essentially, a "poke", to contrast it with a random bludgeoning.

The best, most lethal ancient MAists were the ones who used the weaknesses of the human body to their advantage to submit, injure, or kill their opponents. Even today, where we don't want to injure/kill our opponents, the concepts still work.

1000 years ago, putting someone to sleep in seconds must have seemed like "Qi Magic", but nowadays it's one of the most effective martial arts techniques in any style, period, and is simple to explain without any mysticism.

Unfortunately, people like Yoder and Dillman not only promote the mysticism, they bottle and sell it to the naive public.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast