Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 8:53am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC releases Jake Shields

"After a little over three years, Jake Shields' UFC run has come to an end.

The former welterweight contender has been released by the promotion, his manager Lex McMahon of Alchemist Management confirmed with MMAFighting.com.
    McMahon released the following statement to MMAFighting.com Monday morning:
    "Jake Shields has been released by the UFC. Jake appreciates the opportunities provided by the UFC and thanks Dana White and Lorenzo Fertita. Jake is an elite athlete who is one of the best welterweight fighters in the world with a long history of winning at a championship level.
    "Jake and our team are already exploring options. I'm confident that Jake will have a new promotion to call home very soon. Jake thanks his fans for their support and looks forward to competing for them again soon."
    Shields (29-7-1, 1 NC) most recently lost a unanimous decision to Hector Lombard at UFC 171 last month. The loss snapped a four-fight unbeaten streak for the 35-year-old. He made his Octagon debut at UFC 121 in Oct. 2010, defeating Martin Kampmann via split decision. His next fight was against Georges St-Pierre for the UFC welterweight title at UFC 129 in what is still the highest-grossing event in the organization's history. Over 55,000 people attended the event at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, and the gate was over $12 million. Both remain records.
    Shields, who made his MMA debut in 1999, is a former EliteXC welterweight champion and Strikeforce middleweight champion. Arguably his highest-profile win came when he defeated Dan Henderson on CBS. He signed with the UFC following that win and went 4-3 with 1 no contest inside the Octagon."

Didn't read the article but I'm guessing gate keeper not moving up or down his record doesn't matter yadda yadda yadda the Yushin Okami excuse?

Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 10:25am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana is fed up with wrasslers that don't bang. They probably decided his pay was too high for the number of fans and entertainment he provided.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 10:41am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys like Shields and Fitch are effective but boring. I have mixed feelings about how hard the UFC comes down on those guys. Part of me is aware that if a guy can lay on top of someone for 25 minutes, take no damage and inflict some at his own pace, then he should be allowed to. That's a valid fighting tactic. The other part of me says **** 'em. I paid 60 bucks. Thou shalt entertaineth me.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 9:56pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I figured he was just too deadly what with boring most of his opponents to death.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 3:09pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess the takeaway message from UFC firing policies are: If you are a ground-control wrestler, DO NOT LOSE! EVER! YOU *WILL* GET FIRED!

Except in some cases it's truly baffling. Like that Black wrestler Fellow who had like 3-4 FOTN bonuses and KOOTN as well who dropped a single fight he fought like crap in. BAM, fired his ass.

I wish MMA had a proper organisation running it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 3:14pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana White is an asshole, news at 11, etc,etc,etc...

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 3:35pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I wish MMA had a proper organisation running it.
    I understand where you're coming from. I think it's hard to call, though. Without the UFC pushing for exciting fights you could end up with non-stop wrestlefucking. I mean the worst kind of **** to watch, where somebody scores a takedown and then holds a super tight mount for the entire round, throwing nothing but a few very short elbows.

That could be the primary fighting style. We know it works. The sport wouldn't last like that because there would be no fans. There's an upside to having promoters in charge who demand action.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 6:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interesting it sort of reminds me of this story here
    http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/bellato...on-ben-askren/
    Where Bellator pretty much did the same thing to Ben Askren. Whom Dana didn't pick up.

Looks like wrestlers are going to add something else to their game.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 10:31pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New rule should be this is the only way to win if your a wrestler
    http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...b-off-his-back

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/09/2014 6:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they cant justify paying the guy what they do when he is just not a draw. nobody wants to watch his fights. it is what it is.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast