Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 9:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    If they didn't like the first two games, and they're buying this one because of one bonus character, not because of some major revision in the way the game plays, I think they'll give it a few goes and then put it on the shelf to gather dust. I am a very pessimistic man though.

Also, this makes me wonder -do people still buy physical copies of games? What's the equivalent to gathering dust for a download?
    For the immediate future yes physical copies will still be a thing. A lot of people are reluctant to go all digital especially with the **** the video game companies are pulling these days with their micro manage control.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    If they didn't like the first two games, and they're buying this one because of one bonus character, not because of some major revision in the way the game plays, I think they'll give it a few goes and then put it on the shelf to gather dust. I am a very pessimistic man though.

Also, this makes me wonder -do people still buy physical copies of games? What's the equivalent to gathering dust for a download?
    Yeah you're likely right there, as soon as it becomes clear that being Bruce Lee does not confer in game invincibility they will rage-quit.

In my case it's un-install then looking at the game client icon wondering why I wasted time and money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:38am

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May get a little flak for this and maybe it's a little away from the topic but... I think Bruce Lee is overrated. I get a little annoyed when I hear people go on about how he was the greatest martial artist that ever lived and would beat any one of our modern day fighters... I don't hate the guy and think he fetched a lot to martial arts, mainly made it extremely popular but christ do people go on about him and treat his every word like gospel. Bit of minor venting there but well had to get it off my chest.

Though still think it would be fun to play him in a UFC game though I imagine they'll be nerd rage everywhere if his stats aren't like maxed out,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:46am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    May get a little flak for this and maybe it's a little away from the topic but... I think Bruce Lee is overrated. I get a little annoyed when I hear people go on about how he was the greatest martial artist that ever lived and would beat any one of our modern day fighters... I don't hate the guy and think he fetched a lot to martial arts, mainly made it extremely popular but christ do people go on about him and treat his every word like gospel. Bit of minor venting there but well had to get it off my chest.

Though still think it would be fun to play him in a UFC game though I imagine they'll be nerd rage everywhere if his stats aren't like maxed out,
    There's enough video of him doing locks, and grappling for most people to obviously see it's not his primary training focus.

He was a great man, but his greatness is not limited to martial prowess - he was a proponent of tolerance and understanding, and helped to make Asians as more than a joke in US culture.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:52am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    There's enough video of him doing locks, and grappling for most people to obviously see it's not his primary training focus.

He was a great man, but his greatness is not limited to martial prowess - he was a proponent of tolerance and understanding, and helped to make Asians as more than a joke in US culture.

He was also a drug user. Don't forget that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:52am

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying he wasn't a great man. I'm not saying that he didn't do a lot for Asians and the such. My point is, people treat him as the be all and end all of martial arts. That no one will ever be a better martial artist than him or can possibly be. Sometimes it's funny but often it can get obnoxious.

To me it's like saying Tony Jaa is the greatest Thai boxer ever... or that "Jackie Chan would beat all those UFC idiots deerrrr"

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC franchise has reached troll level > Mortal Kombat.
    Next we'll have hidden Marvel characters and tag team combo attacks.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn buy it

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow wow wow wow wow

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    May get a little flak for this and maybe it's a little away from the topic but... I think Bruce Lee is overrated.
    The guy is literally a legend. You'll never separate myths from the truth at this stage.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast