228144 Bullies, 4728 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 38
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,148

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 9:47am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    If they didn't like the first two games, and they're buying this one because of one bonus character, not because of some major revision in the way the game plays, I think they'll give it a few goes and then put it on the shelf to gather dust. I am a very pessimistic man though.

    Also, this makes me wonder -do people still buy physical copies of games? What's the equivalent to gathering dust for a download?
    For the immediate future yes physical copies will still be a thing. A lot of people are reluctant to go all digital especially with the **** the video game companies are pulling these days with their micro manage control.
  2. Resonance10 is online now
    Resonance10's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    718

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 10:03am

    supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    If they didn't like the first two games, and they're buying this one because of one bonus character, not because of some major revision in the way the game plays, I think they'll give it a few goes and then put it on the shelf to gather dust. I am a very pessimistic man though.

    Also, this makes me wonder -do people still buy physical copies of games? What's the equivalent to gathering dust for a download?
    Yeah you're likely right there, as soon as it becomes clear that being Bruce Lee does not confer in game invincibility they will rage-quit.

    In my case it's un-install then looking at the game client icon wondering why I wasted time and money.
  3. Sovvolf is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England.
    Posts
    220

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:38am


     Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May get a little flak for this and maybe it's a little away from the topic but... I think Bruce Lee is overrated. I get a little annoyed when I hear people go on about how he was the greatest martial artist that ever lived and would beat any one of our modern day fighters... I don't hate the guy and think he fetched a lot to martial arts, mainly made it extremely popular but christ do people go on about him and treat his every word like gospel. Bit of minor venting there but well had to get it off my chest.

    Though still think it would be fun to play him in a UFC game though I imagine they'll be nerd rage everywhere if his stats aren't like maxed out,
  4. daishi is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    736

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:46am


     Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    May get a little flak for this and maybe it's a little away from the topic but... I think Bruce Lee is overrated. I get a little annoyed when I hear people go on about how he was the greatest martial artist that ever lived and would beat any one of our modern day fighters... I don't hate the guy and think he fetched a lot to martial arts, mainly made it extremely popular but christ do people go on about him and treat his every word like gospel. Bit of minor venting there but well had to get it off my chest.

    Though still think it would be fun to play him in a UFC game though I imagine they'll be nerd rage everywhere if his stats aren't like maxed out,
    There's enough video of him doing locks, and grappling for most people to obviously see it's not his primary training focus.

    He was a great man, but his greatness is not limited to martial prowess - he was a proponent of tolerance and understanding, and helped to make Asians as more than a joke in US culture.
  5. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,764

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:52am

    supporting member
     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    There's enough video of him doing locks, and grappling for most people to obviously see it's not his primary training focus.

    He was a great man, but his greatness is not limited to martial prowess - he was a proponent of tolerance and understanding, and helped to make Asians as more than a joke in US culture.

    He was also a drug user. Don't forget that.
  6. Sovvolf is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England.
    Posts
    220

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:52am


     Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying he wasn't a great man. I'm not saying that he didn't do a lot for Asians and the such. My point is, people treat him as the be all and end all of martial arts. That no one will ever be a better martial artist than him or can possibly be. Sometimes it's funny but often it can get obnoxious.

    To me it's like saying Tony Jaa is the greatest Thai boxer ever... or that "Jackie Chan would beat all those UFC idiots deerrrr"
  7. Sri Hanuman is offline
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,490

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:53am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC franchise has reached troll level > Mortal Kombat.
    Next we'll have hidden Marvel characters and tag team combo attacks.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit
  8. lethalBUNNY is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:56am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn buy it
  9. lethalBUNNY is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 11:57am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow wow wow wow wow
  10. CrackFox is offline
    CrackFox's Avatar

    You have to work the look.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bat Country
    Posts
    3,077

    Posted On:
    4/07/2014 12:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    May get a little flak for this and maybe it's a little away from the topic but... I think Bruce Lee is overrated.
    The guy is literally a legend. You'll never separate myths from the truth at this stage.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.