228304 Bullies, 4125 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 7:55pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think I've ever before seen the level of blind fanboy adoration Bob shows for certain fighters. Not even on Sherdog. It's worse than a George Dillman seminar.

I'm pretty sure he used to gaze at the stars and dream about giving Alistair Overreem nice sloppy blowjobs. It took him a long time to recover after his demise, but now he's back, crushing on Cormier with a vengeance and exciting himself with cuckold fantasies.

:)

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 11:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    what people have issue with is your insistence that his resume is superior and your retarded **** about jones only winning because his opponents are old/small in comparison.
    I didn't say his resume was superior to Jones. I do, however, think his resume is superior to every opponent Jones has faced (at the time he faced them). Do you disagree?

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 11:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    so now that his kill streak at 205 includes a barista with 4 pro fights who took it on a weeks notice and a 43 year old middleweight who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights he gets a shot at the title? get the **** out of here. how about he fights someone actually ranked in the top 5 first.
    What's funny is you compete, and yet utterly disregard that it's harder to fight in a weight class above, than below. DC didn't come up, and needs to prove himself. If there was conversation about DC vs Cain, then Jones can easily be challenged.

Jones is good, but he's not Cain. If DC was qualified to fight Cain, he's most certainly done enough to fight Jones. This, especially considering how easily Jones' other opponents got their shot.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 12:53am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    That's not an indication of dominance or at least massive potential to you?
    I have. Less dominant names on there than some would imagine.

Alexander Gustafsson, Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, Rashad Evans, Machida, Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, Ryan Bader, Vladimir Matyushenko, Brandon Vera, Matt Hamill (loss), Jake O'Brien, Stephan Bonnar, Andre Gusmao, Moyses Gabin, Parker Porter, Ryan Verrett, Anthony Pina, Carlos Eduardo, Brad Bernard

Jones has been very effective, but your willpower alone can't make most of those guys into heavy duty or prime of their career opponents after the fact.
    Well luckily for DC, they weren't going to box. In mma, DC has the tools to tool Rashad, including heavier hands.
    Just a reminder of earlier posting...you seem to imply his resume is superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 6:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Just a reminder of earlier posting...you seem to imply his resume is superior.
    Not sure about resume. DC is stronger, with heavier hands, and better mma wrestling technique. Jones does not want to fight him. It's a bad matchup for him.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure about resume. DC is stronger, with heavier hands, and better mma wrestling technique. Jones does not want to fight him. It's a bad matchup for him.
    You have been going on about the comparative resumes for a while. If you say you don't know about the resumes then I will move on. DC does appear to have maintained his strength cutting down to 205. This was not a given and is actually an accomplishment on his part. I think DC is very dangerous but I think Jones can pull off strikes in the clinch which his other opponents seemed incapable of doing. As for Jones not wanting to fight him do you have any evidence if this; comments etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's funny is you compete, and yet utterly disregard that it's harder to fight in a weight class above, than below. DC didn't come up, and needs to prove himself. If there was conversation about DC vs Cain, then Jones can easily be challenged.

Jones is good, but he's not Cain. If DC was qualified to fight Cain, he's most certainly done enough to fight Jones. This, especially considering how easily Jones' other opponents got their shot.
    Switching weight classes seems to be more complicated than the heavier fighter is better , there are only two 2- division champions so there is not a lot of data to go with at the highest level. And lowering weight class does not create a walk in the park.

Also, are you trying to imply Jones is a lower level fighter than Cain? Or are you just trying to justify DC for title contention at 205?

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 2:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cos It's rather long.
    Spoiler:
    You have been going on about the comparative resumes for a while. If you say you don't know about the resumes then I will move on.
    I'll say this. I believe Cormier could beat everyone on Jones' resume. I don't think Jones would survive Cormier's. Jones vs. someone who's 255 or even cuts to 265?
    DC does appear to have maintained his strength cutting down to 205. This was not a given and is actually an accomplishment on his part. I think DC is very dangerous but I think Jones can pull off strikes in the clinch which his other opponents seemed incapable of doing.
    Jones has a superb clinch game. I think in spite of this, Cormier has a big advantage at close quarters. His freestyle-turned-mma wrestling is really on another level. He's not going to stand and clinch and do greco with elbows. He'll take Jones to the floor, and begin to work. No one's had an answer for DC's wrestling prowess. If it stays standing, DC has a harder set of strikes, and has shown he can deal with range.

Cormier is at a great gym and trains with Cain. Cain imposes his will, and Cormier has been doing it also. That's magic, having such a high level guy to work closely with. Sparring with Cain is likely more trying than a Cummings fight.
    Switching weight classes seems to be more complicated than the heavier fighter is better , there are only two 2- division champions so there is not a lot of data to go with at the highest level. And lowering weight class does not create a walk in the park.
    No walks at all. In a very general sense, however, it's harder to fight as the smaller person. They don't weightcut for fun.
    Also, are you trying to imply Jones is a lower level fighter than Cain? Or are you just trying to justify DC for title contention at 205?
    Cain would crush Jones utterly IMO. They are both very high level fighters, but one is bigger and harder hitting, and bigger boned, and has already proven he can beat up many of the biggest of the best and set a crazy pace without tiring. Personally, I believe Barnett, Cain, JDS, Bigfoot, Werdum, Overeem and many heavyweights would beat Jones as he is right now. Jones isn't hard hitting compared to heavyweights. He's a strong clinch for LHW and very clever, but not a particularly hard hitter even for LHW. Not mr power.

Fedor is the greatest of all time, in part because he beat the crap out of larger men, during his long reign. He had equalizing power in his fists. Hendo has it. Size does matter unless someone has the mega fist. Jones doesn't have the mega fist thought he has size at 205.

Cormier has the mega fist. He has all his strength at 205. He fought at around 220 vs Hendo.If he can body slam 255 lbs Josh Warmaster Barnett, he can probably dunk someone who had to make 205 the night before. He did to Hendo.

If Jones beats Cormier he's the man again. Right now there are two beasts who need to collide at 205. Jones is the champ, but until he beats Cormier, he's sharing the space. Cormier is a horrible matchup for Jones and I predict he'll take Jones to the 209, at 205.

Evans is a bad matchup for Cormier, so if he does need another fight due to a gus/jones trilogy, that's probably what they should do. No charity fights. Someone beastly. He's def. earned a shot though. If he hasn't, no one ever did.

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 3:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the new official UFC rankings, Cormier is the #2 contender behind Gus. having him anywhere else wouldn't make much sense.
    Champion John Jones
    1. Alexander Gustafsson
    2. Daniel Cormier (+2)
    3. Rashad Evans (-1)
    4. Glover Teixeira (-1)
    5. Anthony Johnson
    6. Phil Davis (+1)
    7. Dan Henderson (-1)
    8. Mauricio Rua
    9. Chael Sonnen
    10. Ryan Bader
    11. Jimi Manuwa
    12. Rafael Cavalcante
    13. Ovince Saint Preux (+1)
    14. Vitor Belfort
    15. James Te Huna

The HW landscape looks like this.

Champion: Cain V
    1. Fabricio Werdum
    2. Junior dos Santos
    3. Travis Browne
    4. Antonio Silva
    5. Josh Barnett
    6. Alistair Overeem
    7. Stipe Miocic
    8. Mark Hunt
    9. Roy Nelson
    10. Frank Mir
    11. Gabriel Gonzaga
    12. Stefan Struve
    13. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (+1)
    14. Brendan Schaub (-1)
    15. Soa Palelei

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god thats retarded. so the original list went

gus
    evans
    glover
    dc
    johnson
    hendo
    davis

first of all, how the **** did davis go anywhere except down after his last performance?

how does beating a barista and hendo put you above the guy who just beat chael sonnen and hendo? how does beating people who are unranked climb you up the rankings by 2 points? those lists are so fucking lol.

you know what id love to see? anthony johnson and DC. theres a compelling fight.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast