Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 7:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I'm curious, was years later Rua coming off multiple knee surgeries better than the Rua who made a name for himself in pro fighting? Was Rampage at the age he fought Jones better than the Rampage of Pride fame? Was Vitor better off not being the young phenom and fighting Jones in his 30's?

If these names are going to be used to bolster Jones' cred, let's at least look at the reality of where they were at the time. Who did more than Cormier before being handed a title bout? Anyone caring enough to look, will see that for the most part, getting a title bout with Jones at 205 means having at least one win (unless you're Sonnen who came off a loss) in a row. That's some high ass bar to surpass eh?

Evans, Machida and Gus were legit tough fights. The others were much less so. Hendo beating Fedor when he did means much less than if he'd beaten Fedor ten years prior when the Russian was slaying fools and in his prime. Someone beating Big Nog or Cro cop now isn't on the same order of difficulty as in their prime. Looking at Jones list in context is less magnificent than at a casual glance.

Whether or not Jones could beat a prime Rua, prime Rampage or prime Vitor is up in the air, as far as I'm concerned. One thing's for sure, he's not getting full credit from me for beating shadows of the men that built those names.

Pride Rampage, Pride Rua and phenom Vitor would crush their present selves into dust.

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 7:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    p.s. I notice ducking the thread cos u all got hit with the logic bomb. Still waiting to hear what a favorite Jones or any 205 lber would be against the big dogs.

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 8:31pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    p.s. I notice ducking the thread cos u all got hit with the logic bomb. Still waiting to hear what a favorite Jones or any 205 lber would be against the big dogs.
    Logic bomb is a good name for it.

I don't want to revisit the LHW depth again, you simply don't believe it is true. That's fine but I don't think you have convinced anybody else. You are right, no LHW has proven himself against the fighters DC has fought. Interestingly this includes DC! What?!? Yes, he had not fought repeatedly at LHW and then gone up and fought these guys. It is almost as if he has been in the HW class and maintaining his body as a HW! Your right, he has!

Finally, DC beating Jones would not prove any of your arguments. Pretty much the only thing that would make me think you made goo points would be if any of DC's opponents made a run at the HW belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    4/26/2014 8:55pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't want to revisit the LHW depth again, you simply don't believe it is true.
    I didn't say there was no depth at lhw. There is crazy depth now. There are several highly dangerous fighters Jones hasn't fought. His competition has been varied, was the point earlier.

Moving down to 205, DC doesn't need to prove himself the way someone would who wasn't undefeated and hadn't fought and defeated tough opponents in the class above would.

He has to get through Hendo first, but should he win, I think a title shot is entirely in order. How many top ten fighters in any class have Tex or Gus beaten? If not after them, that's crazy.

Posted On:
    5/25/2014 9:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great performance by DC. Although Dan was undersized, he is a legit fighter. I just thing with DC's size and strength advantage, it was too much. He just rag dolled him.

Posted On:
    5/25/2014 11:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok? It'll take some creative rectal cranial inversion to miss the danger of Cormier at 205 after that. Still hasn't lost a round, or a fight. Pwned Hendo. When he folds Jones up, which I think is likely...everyone can retroactively praise these victories on the way there, and see how one sided they've all been with clarity.

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 12:21am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok? It'll take some creative rectal cranial inversion to miss the danger of Cormier at 205 after that. Still hasn't lost a round, or a fight. Pwned Hendo. When he folds Jones up, which I think is likely...everyone can retroactively praise these victories on the way there, and see how one sided they've all been with clarity.
    What are you going on about? If DC wins against Jones it does not improve the talent level he has gone up against. It just doesn't. It would suggest that DC would be able handle all the top level talent Jones has defeated, but that is a very different discussion. Also, this is still not a critique of DC or the HW talent pool, you face the competition you are given. LHW has been stacked for a long time and another very dangerous fighter, DC , is in that pool.

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    What are you going on about? If DC wins against Jones it does not improve the talent level he has gone up against. It just doesn't. It would suggest that DC would be able handle all the top level talent Jones has defeated, but that is a very different discussion. Also, this is still not a critique of DC or the HW talent pool, you face the competition you are given. LHW has been stacked for a long time and another very dangerous fighter, DC , is in that pool.
    He's coming for that belt.

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 1:38am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's coming for that belt.
    Of course he is. Because of his age I hope it happens sooner than later. He is not too old but it would be better if he got a shot sooner.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you are thick. NOBODY IS SAYING DC ISNT LEGIT. if he beats jones, nobody is going to be retroactively doing anything. youre arguing against nobody here in that respect and if ufc 173 showed anything its that even an underdog can rise to the occasion. maybe DC will come in and wrestlefuck jones into a living death? i dont know.

what people have issue with is your insistence that his resume is superior and your retarded **** about jones only winning because his opponents are old/small in comparison.

so now that his kill streak at 205 includes a barista with 4 pro fights who took it on a weeks notice and a 43 year old middleweight who is 1-4 in his last 5 fights he gets a shot at the title? get the **** out of here. how about he fights someone actually ranked in the top 5 first.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast