Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/11/2014 3:42pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Great quote! Is this a devil original or from someone else?

Looked at my post above, typing on phone does not always work well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://youtu.be/wEPKdz6I-d8?t=1m35s

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/11/2014 10:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Some fighters fight nobodies. Some fighters just make the competition look like nobodies.
    Haha. Tranquil Suit is right. Roy Jones was ALWAYS saying that.

:)

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Over the course of his rise to prominence you good argue LHW was the strongest deepest weight class. You keep giving a soft criticism of LHW that makes no sense! In fact I would argue HW has been two fighters away from Jones grabbing the HW title during this time!
    Coincidentally Daniel Cormier was two men away from the HW title when he came down to 205. If that bolsters an argument for Jones in your mind, doesn't it also heavily validate DC at the same time, if you think about it?

What other 205 lb fighter beyond DC could beat the 4 top ten HW's Cormier did? I don't think any beyond Hendo in a time machine. Jones vs Bigfoot? Bigfoot cuts to 265. Jones vs Barnett? Can Jones eat Heavyweight power? Does he have that kind of chin? He's shown a chin, but a heavyweight chin? His head and neck look like LHW proportions.

If Jones moves up to HW, he'll be in Overeems former position. A huge frame, but a head that only is so big, and a chin of a LHW. That's my prediction.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no one is invalidating cormier. we know hes good. hes 12-0, hes beaten some good dudes.

the thing is, he isnt the second coming, and jones would be a huge hurdle for him. you are making out like jones hasnt beaten anyone good by comparing records, which is just over the moon moronic, considering how weak the HW division is minus a couple of notable names (such as cain and JDS, which incidentally cormier never fought)

so far at LHW he has beaten some guy nobody has ever heard of. was that good prep vs jones? **** no. if jones is his next fight that is a massive step up for him, whereas jones has been in some tough situations and pulled through, as well as outright dominated fighters who shouldnt be manhandled in such ways.

what people take exception to the most about your hilarious spiel is the idea that somehow cormier has a better resume cos he beat fucking barnett. really?

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 3:59pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Coincidentally Daniel Cormier was two men away from the HW title when he came down to 205. If that bolsters an argument for Jones in your mind, doesn't it also heavily validate DC at the same time, if you think about it?

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

The complete opposite. I am saying LHW has been a lot deeper than HW during Jones reign and still is. Only two heavyweights have been top 10 LHW quality during most of this time in my opinion. Based on DC performance I believe he may be the third. I have tons of respect for all the ufc weight classes I just think LHW is stacked in a way that HW is not. If DC can keep all his power and speed, and run a good camp while preparing for a LHW fight then the potential is huge. But it is not a given. Also he is not the first smaller HW to go down to LHW.

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob, read and re-read Alex post. He outlines our objection to your argument very well.

Posted On:
    4/14/2014 7:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    the thing is, he isnt the second coming, and jones would be a huge hurdle for him.
    ...and vice versa. Jones hasn't had to deal with a DC type yet. DC isn't the second coming, but yeah, he's a friggin threat as evidenced by the bodies in his wake. Guys most if not all of the LHW fighters would fail to beat. DC dieted down mostly, he didn't have to lose muscle to make 205. The power is still there. It's scary.
    you are making out like jones hasnt beaten anyone good by comparing records, which is just over the moon moronic, considering how weak the HW division is minus a couple of notable names (such as cain and JDS, which incidentally cormier never fought)
    So by your logic, these 205ers would walk all over the HW division? I don't see that, man. Dc has beaten guys the 205ers would be in bad trouble against, and he did it at (minus some fat) the same size he is now. That's what I'm saying.
    what people take exception to the most about your hilarious spiel is the idea that somehow cormier has a better resume cos he beat fucking barnett. really?
    I didn't say DC has a better resume. I said JJ's competition has been varied. You can't see that? Would you pick Jones over Barnett though? Really?

They have weight divisions for a reason. It's a special fighter who can beat up much bigger men than his or herself. Jones has yet to be the smaller guy, so I'm holding out on dubbing him Christ of fighting. Gus had comparable size, and wow it was extremely close, shocking.

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 9:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You keep giving a soft criticism of LHW that makes no sense! In fact I would argue HW has been two fighters away from Jones grabbing the HW title during this time!
    Just to be clear. You'd pick Jones as winner over all of these guys and all the others at HW? What would you base that on?

Travis Browne 6'7" 242 lbs, 79 inch reach
    Josh Barnett 6'3" 252 lbs 78 inch reach
    Overeem 6'4 257 lbs 80 inch reach
    Mark Hunt 5'10" 262 lbs 74 inch reach
    Bigfoot Silva 6'4" 264 lbs 82 inch reach
    Fabricio Werdum 6'4 242 lbs 77 inch reach
    Roy Nelson 6' 249 lbs 73 inch reach

incidentally, a gallon of water is about 8.33 lbs. Jones can only cut so much weight, and the rest is actual muscle/bone difference between him and the big boys. He's not a big "big" man, although he's a broad frame.

Overeem put on muscle and got to big guy status, but underneath he still has that same skinny guy's ligaments, tendons, lungs, heart and bones with the same skull and chin. You can't build up your head to match the neck, and you're lungs and heart will only do what they are capable of. Overeems neck is wider than his head, but has it made him have a chin?

Jones can bulk up, but he'll be a gas machine like Reem, it's very likely. His organs service that body he's in now - who knows with 20 - 30lbs of muscle added. He's king at 205 so far, but going up he's the "little" guy, and not a favorite in my mind.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 4/15/2014 10:14am at .

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 10:25am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Jones could beat any of these guys, not that he would be guaranteed to. Hanging out in Heavy weight would eventually catch up with him. If any of these guys had Jones skill level, I think they would grab the HW belt.

I am not arguing that these guys are not BIGGER than Jones after all. I am just arguing that LHW has been stacked during the rise of Jones as champion.

I think you have unintentionally argued that DC will not have proven himself if he beats Jones. I believe if DC beats Jones it is a great accomplishment against an elite fighter that has already proven himself against outstanding competition.

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 8:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Jones could beat any of these guys, not that he would be guaranteed to. Hanging out in Heavy weight would eventually catch up with him. If any of these guys had Jones skill level, I think they would grab the HW belt.
    Jones is a great 205er. He is untested against the big dogs. Would you have him as a favorite over Hunt, Bigfoot, Browne, Barnett etc? I agree anything can happen in a fight, and Jones could theoretically beat anyone. What I'm wondering is if you think only Cain and JDS would be a favorite over him in your mind. I wouldn't pick him as a favorite over any top ten heavyweight, barring possibly Roy Nelson beaten on points, via maneuverability/range.
    I am not arguing that these guys are not BIGGER than Jones after all. I am just arguing that LHW has been stacked during the rise of Jones as champion.
    It's been good at LHW. Put those same guys in with the heavyweights and it's a different story.

Jones, i don't think, has been the smaller fighter yet. How much of an advantage that sheer size/range brings for him hasn't really been determined. He's immensely talented as well, but against a bigger person will he have the power to keep up? DC has shown he can. He was the #3 HW, and as such, one of the guys to beat.
    I think you have unintentionally argued that DC will not have proven himself if he beats Jones. I believe if DC beats Jones it is a great accomplishment against an elite fighter that has already proven himself against outstanding competition.
    Jones and DC are both elite.
    They don't do height classes, but have weight classes for good reason. Giving up 20-40 lbs is no small thing, if it's not just fat. DC has shown he can beat men with muscle/bone weight and height/range on him. If that's a large component of Jones' advantage, then yeah it's an ugly fight for Bones considering all the factors.

Cummings didn't just get decked b/c he's a part time pro with no camp. 205ers are much smaller people that guys at 250, 260. His head couldn't take the same blows from the clinch that Mir and Barnett ate a bunch of.

The kind of uppercut that hit Bigfoot? Forget about it.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast