223871 Bullies, 3681 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 88
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    4/08/2014 9:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    That wasn't your point at all. That's not what you said and it's way too reasonable to have come from you. No, that's what you finally backtracked to 29 posts deep after you had a coherent moment and realized you were talking complete bullshit for the last two days.
    You're so funny. Quote anything I've posted, and I'll stand by it.
    He should be in title contention for sure at LHW. He's not moving up unproven, he's beaten up bigger men, and now trimmed down to beat up smaller men.
    Jones is smaller than the people DC has fought already. See above. Jones isn't smaller than DC, Jones is smaller than the HW opposition DC has beaten.

    Jones fully hydrated isn't going to be 250 or 265.
  2. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    4/08/2014 9:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real question mark about DC has been the weight cut. Could he safely come down? He could, and did.

    I think going undefeated, and winning every round including over 4 top ten HW's is enough to deserve some hype. Devil you may not have agreed with his HW ranking, or think that LHW is so much stronger, but if you agree he should be in title contention, then you kinda agree there is a buzz there for a good reason - even if you resent it.

    If he beats up Hendo, does he deserve some hype?
  3. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,632

    Posted On:
    4/08/2014 10:24pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    The real question mark about DC has been the weight cut. Could he safely come down? He could, and did.
    Get fucking real. There was never any question about whether he could SAFELY come down. That's just some bullshit he said because he didn't know if he was willing to lose the weight. The ************ is somewhere between 5'10" and 6 feet, depending on what source you read. There's not a 5'10" dude on the planet that can't get down to 205lbs (after a weight cut) safely.

    Cormier making 205 isn't like a tall guy like Mir trying to make 205 when he's already ripped at 240. Cormier wrestled at 212 pounds just a few years ago and he's been carrying a good bit of extra body fat. He wasn't lean.

    Basically, everything you say is wrong. Always.
  4. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,632

    Posted On:
    4/08/2014 10:29pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post

    If he beats up Hendo, does he deserve some hype?

    **** no. Hendo is always tough, but he's a goddamn fossil. Cormier is SUPPOSED to be able to beat Hendo. It will only be noteworthy if he doesn't. I want to see him against the hungry young lions.

    Henderson has lost three of his last four and his last win was against another guy who's drowning in losses. He's a perfect example of the of bones the UFC keeps tossing to Cormier.
    Last edited by Devil; 4/08/2014 10:36pm at .
  5. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    4/09/2014 1:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Get fucking real. There was never any question about whether he could SAFELY come down. That's just some bullshit he said because he didn't know if he was willing to lose the weight.
    yeah, why would a guy who experienced kidney failure cutting weight have concerns about cutting weight....?

    Honestly, you're not even trying. sad troll is sad.
  6. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,193

    Posted On:
    4/09/2014 6:11am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its not so much cutting weight though when its just not eating so much ****. the dude is fat. he is about the same height as me for fucks sake, and he doesnt even have that kind of david tua/mark hunt frame. he is like roy nelson. if he was dehydrating for 205 you would have a point.

    also are you REALLY comparing the people jones has beaten to the people cormier has beaten? like HW is anywhere near as stacked as LHW? jones has been beating up on fucking savages. cormiers last fight was against a fucking barista, and his next fight is against the living relic, dan hendo. he will destroy hendo of course, and there will be more hype, bla bla bla, and then he will probably lose to jones, and everyone will stop caring.
  7. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,632

    Posted On:
    4/09/2014 7:32am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    yeah, why would a guy who experienced kidney failure cutting weight have concerns about cutting weight....?
    That **** tends to happen when you don't maintain your weight properly, then try to cut way too much. It has zero to do with him being able to drop a weight class over a period of several months.
  8. submessenger is offline
    submessenger's Avatar

    Transmaniacon MC

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    1,602

    Posted On:
    4/09/2014 2:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    What tools are there for Jones?
    Just because I feel scrappy, today - Bones can touch DC without leaving his corner. It's an asset we know he can work, and the only real competition he has had to that end was Gustafson, who was also handily dispatched.

    I'm happy to see Jones get an ass whooping, but I don't think DC is the guy to do it.
  9. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    4/09/2014 10:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Just because I feel scrappy, today - Bones can touch DC without leaving his corner. It's an asset we know he can work, and the only real competition he has had to that end was Gustafson, who was also handily dispatched.
    I don't think this'll be the first time DC has had a reach disadvantage. Nothing in his style is dependent on reach.

    Also, was Gus handily dispatched, or did he lose a close one? Many fans seem to think it was rather close.
  10. karma2343 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    617

    Posted On:
    4/10/2014 1:54am


     Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cormier has great MMA striking, but terrible pure striking (though his ring awareness isn't bad for a wrestler, and he actually uses body shots). He would be wrecked in any sort of striking competition, but like his training partner Cain, he is an absolute stud at mixing up striking and wrestling. He'll throw strikes, and just when an opponent is expecting a strike, he goes for a takedown, and vice versa. Its the same way Velasquez managed to outstrike JDS, despite the fact that JDS is indisputably the superior striker.

    Where or not they're on the same level, they clearly use similar tactics and have similar strengths. Jones hasn't faced a guy with a style like Cormier, but neither has Cormier faced someone like Jones, so it'll be an interesting match.

    One observation, however: Jones relies a lot on his kicking game to create distance. Normally he doesn't have to worry about being taken down off of a kick, so he can throw his legs as much as he wants. He will have to be more cautious against Cormier, however.

    Also, Henderson is going to get wrecked by Cormier. He tends to only hunt for the right overhand these days, and Cormier already faced a bigger version of that in beating Nelson. Its just a terribly stylistic match up for current day Hendo, regardless of Cormier's talent level. I don't think this match will prove a thing, other then the fact that Hendo should consider retirement soon.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.