223553 Bullies, 4397 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 7:47am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Four top ten heavyweights is nothing to sniff at. Jones' competition has been varied, if you look at the list. Cormier has fought pretty good competition and schooled them all. He should be in title contention for sure at LHW. He's not moving up unproven, he's beaten up bigger men, and now trimmed down to beat up smaller men.
    I doubt he's Cains wrestling coach out of a sense of charity. The guy is legit, to the most legit...that should tell you something. As to their sparring, they've both indicated that their sparring is the height of competitiveness. I don't have a reason to doubt either of them.

So, you're going to be stubborn and dig in like a tick about the quality of Jones' competition just because I questioned your Cormier adoration and you'd rather eat **** than reconsider your own position? Gotcha.

I don't disagree that he should be in title contention at LHW. I don't even disagree that he has a solid chance of winning the title. I'm just waiting to see whether it happens before I anoint him the chosen one. He hasn't done enough yet to prove where he really stands among the best. I want to see him tested. He hasn't been yet, in my opinion.

I've got some other news that you may also find shocking. Cormier isn't bigger than Jones. Surprise, ************!

And no, dumbass....he's not Cain's wrestling coach out of a sense of charity. He's Cain's wrestling coach because he's a great wrestler. What the **** does that have to do with his striking? Are you so dumb that you can't distinguish between two completely different skillsets?

Let me get this right - every time a fighter says one of their training partners are great at something, you believe them? Am I understanding that correctly? Because I thought training partners tended to say positive things in public about the guys in their camp and were usually reluctant to highlight the weaknesses in their game. I could be mixed up about that though. Help me out here.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 7:52am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He would already have fought Cain by now, if he was going to. That guy is the best. Jones is another of the very best, and in his new weight class, he wants to fight him. He was #3 at HW or something. He didn't lose and move down to regain lost momentum. He just doesn't want to fight his friend/student.
    Do you have a point here, or did you just fall off the wagon?

I want to fight Wolverine and Bas Rutten but I don't want to fight my mother. I guess I'm a badass.

:)

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 12:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I don't disagree that he should be in title contention at LHW.
    ok then.
    I'm just waiting to see whether it happens before I anoint him the chosen one.
    Who's doing that?
    I've got some other news that you may also find shocking. Cormier isn't bigger than Jones. Surprise, ************!
    Jones is smaller than the heavyweights come fight time.
    And no, dumbass....he's not Cain's wrestling coach out of a sense of charity. He's Cain's wrestling coach because he's a great wrestler. What the **** does that have to do with his striking? Are you so dumb that you can't distinguish between two completely different skillsets?
    Sparring, you talked about how their sparring goes. Wrestling is part of that. You should consider also quitting drinking.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 12:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have a point here, or did you just fall off the wagon?

I want to fight Wolverine and Bas Rutten but I don't want to fight my mother. I guess I'm a badass.
    Point was DC was ranked high in the other division. He's not suddenly getting hype for no reason, he was already right there up in HW. You agree he should be in contention, so really it's just grumpy old you piddling into your incontinence diaper, and trolling me.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 12:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok then.
    Who's doing that?
    Sparring, you talked about how their sparring goes. Wrestling is part of that. You should consider also quitting drinking.
    Who's doing that? You. You're crowning him Master of the Universe and he hasn't done much of anything yet in the UFC.

Jones has a body more suited for the Heavyweight ranks than Cormier. Jones has a huge frame and is ripped. Cormier is carrying extra baggage. He's a little teapot, short and stout.

Don't be a doofus. We were talking about striking and you know it. Peckerhead.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 12:46pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point was DC was ranked high in the other division. He's not suddenly getting hype for no reason, he was already right there up in HW. You agree he should be in contention, so really it's just grumpy old you piddling into your incontinence diaper, and trolling me.
    He deserves to be taken seriously. He does not deserve all the hype, like the blather you posted about how EPIC it's going to be for him to fight at LHW. You're a marketing person's dream. Say it a few times on TV and Boby will buy it. **** reality.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 1:27pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok then.
    Who's doing that?
    Jones is smaller than heavyweight at fight time because he is fighting LIGHT heavyweight. DC will be lighter than heavyweight when he fights at 205. There was actually conjecture when Jones was younger that inability to hit 205 might end his LHW career. Finally, why would you want Devil to stop drinking? These type of conjectures before a fight happens go best with beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 1:33pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could drink two cases of beer and still clown Bob in discussions ranging from Western Civilization in the 1500s to current pop culture to advanced Algebra.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spelling.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	16030
    Last edited by Devil; 4/08/2014 1:37pm at .

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 8:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Jones is smaller than heavyweight at fight time because he is fighting LIGHT heavyweight. DC will be lighter than heavyweight when he fights at 205.
    Actually, both men will fight above 205 lbs although Jones almost certainly re-hydrates higher than DC.

My point was, for Cormier, having fought larger men (by 20+ lbs) already will reduce the shock level of Jones' sheer hugeness for the 205 division. Most of the 205ers Jones fought looked like children, in relative size. This will also be the case for DC, but he's been there. Jones is big, but he's not Mir, Barnett, or Bigfoot big.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Finally, why would you want Devil to stop drinking? These type of conjectures before a fight happens go best with beer!
    I'm just needling him.
    I could drink two cases of beer and still clown Bob in discussions ranging from Western Civilization in the 1500s to current pop culture to advanced Algebra.
    Algebra, yes. Did you bring up 16th century Western Civ. b/c it sounds obscure and exotic to you? lol buddy. lol.

Posted On:
    4/08/2014 8:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My point was, for Cormier, having fought larger men (by 20+ lbs) already will reduce the shock level of Jones' sheer hugeness for the 205 division.

That wasn't your point at all. That's not what you said and it's way too reasonable to have come from you. No, that's what you finally backtracked to 29 posts deep after you had a lucid moment and realized you were talking complete bullshit for the last two days.
    Last edited by Devil; 4/08/2014 9:02pm at .
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast