4/05/2014 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Daniel Cormier at 205

Name:  dc1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  69.3 KB
    Cormier makes his run at 205. Lets examine the EPIC potential of this gifted competitor.

I won't get too deep into it, as it's a discussion thread and no a bio, but let's start with him not dropping a round, nor being knocked or taken down in his pro career. Holy crap!

He was a smallish HW fighter, and took the path some wish Fedor would have, by cutting down to be sizable in the weight class below.

His first test at LHW was against a fill in, and the hands that felled Bigfoot (right off his Fedor victory) wouldn't get to reach out for Rashad Evans. The arms that slammed Josh Barnett wouldn't have a chance to entwine Pat Cummings, as the first couple of uppercuts were alone far too much for him to withstand.

The power that translates down so well, accompanied by a low center of gravity, and the best mma wrestling in mma (in my opinion) is going to be a tough test for any fighter.

DC has the supreme wrestling base chassis, the fast big guns chins can't handle, and the footwork delivery system to take anyone and make them look ineffectual.

Add to that his primary training partner has been the top HW in the world for some time, and you have a recipe for greatness. This is like Steve Young and Joe Montana sorta. Close enough for me to get excited.

Bullies, what are your thoughts on DC at 205?

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 2:01am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beats or gives everybody a run for their Money, loses convincingly to both Gustafson and Jones due to short arms and sub-par standup technique.

Will be easier to say once he's fought someone at LHW with an actual name.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 4:48am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was yellng Cormier vs Jones before it was popular to yell Cormier vs Jones.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 11:24am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Black Fedor at 205? Pure fucking awesome.

Hard to say against jones....

:)

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 11:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Jones would be at a bigger disadvantage than most. High ass center of gravity, & not a whole lot of power. He's a great fighter, but Cormier is a horrible matchup for him, which I believe he's aware of. Jones was getting defensive before
    DC even came to 205. That's because he can feel the danger coming.

He'd have reach on DC, but who (other than Jeff Monson) hasn't had reach or height on him?

Cormier is fast enough to deliver power that 205 lber chins just won't deal with. DC by folding Bones in two and zipping him up inside a nike bag in the 3rd. I think there's a decent chance Jones goes to HW to avoid this.

Hendo is a bigger threat to DC imo. Not that I think he'll win either, but that Hbomb changes things.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, poetic OP, Bobby. +1

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 2:46pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting thoughts on the matchup but what are you referring to with the "defensive" is there a particular interview? Also, I don't think going up a weight class to avoid an opponent works for heavyweight. It is obviously a much bigger range of wt than any other class. I don't see this as a viable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 4:51pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He hasn't yet proven he's worthy of the massive hype bestowed upon him. His striking isn't that good and he'll probably pay for it at LHW.

:)

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 8:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    He hasn't yet proven he's worthy of the massive hype bestowed upon him. His striking isn't that good and he'll probably pay for it at LHW.
    Can you point out someone who's outstruck him, thus far?

Other than a great knee to the face by Josh Barnett, Nobody seems to have even made him grimace, let alone put him in danger. Are you thinking the LHW's are faster, and more able to make him pay for whatever deficiency you feel he posses?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 9:07pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Are you thinking the LHW's are faster, and more able to make him pay for whatever deficiency you feel he posses?
    I'm thinking he's not that good of a striker. Open your eyes, dude. He's just not.

When he gets his ass beat I'm going to laugh at you for your adoring, over-the-top fanboyism the way I laughed at you when you thought Overroids was the **** and super strong because of all the horse meat he ate.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast