Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterTbaggins View Post
    Also want to add, with the exception of those with lightning fast reflexes or those who give ground, once something is blocked it, the person is usually out of position to be able to block in the same place twice without hard blocking. This presents an ideal target because hard blocking does not stop force transfer thru to the target.
    Why hit the same covered target when they're giving you an alternative open target by covering?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:32am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like pie.

Also I can see the TS' point but only if we're talking about zombies.

And ninjas.

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: big slappy hand fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Why hit the same covered target when they're giving you an alternative open target by covering?

Because taking into account most fights aren't to entertain for 3 or more minutes and are decided in the first few seconds...

Its better to do deal as much trauma as you can to a single area in the shortest amount of time, although not effeiciently, then to dance around like a fairy.

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 12:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: big slappy hand fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bet most of you nay sayers the kind that like to pause and admire your work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 1:47pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, what's your experience in MA? I'm guessing video games since you seem to highly value the "flashing weak spot" theory.

In .gif #2, the jab isn't a feint. The jab-low kick COMBINATION is a popular COMBINATION in Muay Thai.

The point of combinations is to -ideally- hit multiple targets but also open up other targets, as Permalost said, when an opponent does cover up (i.e. headshot following a bodyshot). I'm going to have to disagree on the fact that you cannot in fact block the same blow twice.

Here's your toll, troll.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aiming for the exact same spot despite the person blocking it is a great way to get countered. Show me exactly what an opponent will do and I'll show you how to counterhit without even needing to block.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 3:02pm

Style: Getting less fat

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Op, in the oh so slightest chance that you are not a troll, what is your experience in MA? Please note, KickPuncher asked you the same thing.

You see, if you are someone with experience, than perhaps we will take your opinion seriously. If not, shut the **** up.

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 4:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bombom View Post
    what is your experience in MA?
    LMAO why even bother asking this. If not a troll the answer is of course none or I should say none that involves any sorts of element of aliveness.
    Can we really call a martial art that doesn't involve aliveness a "Martial" art at all?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 5:55pm

Style: Getting less fat

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    LMAO why even bother asking this. If not a troll the answer is of course none or I should say none that involves any sorts of element of aliveness.
    Can we really call a martial art that doesn't involve aliveness a "Martial" art at all?
    I am just curious as to what kind of troll we have here. I'm guessing the "tons of streetfights" kind of guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 6:42pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Suppose you're only training to fight zombies, which by definition can't involve any aliveness since zombies are clearly not alive. Does that count?

And just so you know I'm not being prejudice, the same applies to vampires as well. Unless of course they are smokin' hot Kate Beckensale vampires, in which case I'd advise just giving up and maybe begging for a little some some before getting exsanguinated...

But that's just me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast