Posted On:
    3/31/2014 9:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Oyama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

World Oyama vs Kyokushin Karate

Hello All,

I am looking to join one of these two organizations but I am wondering about your experiences/ prices. I like to train but I need to eat!

I know Kyokushin is 150 joining fee + 140 monthly unlimited classes and membership can expire. Has anyone had to pay a renewal fee? How much? Do they charge you for belt promotions?

I know World Oyama has a 40 dollar yearly membership fee and usually 140 monthly unlimited classes. I don't know if they charge for belt promotions. I think World Oyama events are also subject to additional fees (like attend Shoshu clinics, pay 40 bucks, etc)

Thanks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2014 6:51pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those fees and schedules are specific to the dojo you're looking at. They are not the same across all kyokushin (or probably all world oyama) dojo. And in regards to joining kyokushin, there are a handful of different global kyokushin organizations, each of which will be different. Point being, it's likely people will need more information before they can give you any meaningful input.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2014 6:57am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds too much, never paid more than 60 monthly unlimited. Is all MA stuff that expensive around there? It's absurdly overpriced. I'm in IKO1 btw.

Prone

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2014 12:06pm

Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nigga! You are getting jacked up with them prices!!! But seriously, don't pay for that **** if it's that expensive. Just let us know your general area, someone here should be able to point you to a legit Kyoku or Oyama school that's like maybe $80 a month. No strings attached and no hidden fees. The best gyms/dojos tend to be the ones that don't charge much, have flat monthly fee and let you train as little or as much as you want.

This whole member fees+belt fees+class fee+unlimited classes fees= getting ripped off. Even if the trainer is legit, hardly worth the empty wallet.
    Last edited by Milk_; 4/25/2014 12:14pm at . Reason: the double post bug

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2014 12:29pm

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What milk said!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk