Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 4:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Read Me, looking for dojo Cleveland Ohio

Does anyone know of any good schools in cleveland ohio? I took a "form" of karate and after a year I realized I was attending McDojo, with watered down tecniques that nobody could explain why they worked in a real life situation or how they were developed.

Children holding 6th dan black belts and unable to perform a simple push kick. Adults being promoted to belts on an attendance based policy. Strong lack of personal instruction or coaching. I frequently worked with inferior partners who were "purple" or "brown" belts and I ended up teaching them, and I was only a yellow belt! The owners said I could get a black belt within a little over 2 years....but every other school I've heard of it takes a lot longer than that.

I could go on, I am fairly new to martial arts and I know I'm still an infant in martial terms only having trained for a year. I would greatly appreciate any info on good quality instruction in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

Thanks

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 6:54pm

Style: FMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have some friends up there, i'll ask around. Are you hell bent on karate? Most of my buddies do FMA.

I have some friends up there, i'll ask around. Are you hell bent on karate? Most of my buddies do FMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 7:09pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to drive a bit, one of the too national coaches teaches out if Pittsburgh. I'll have to ask around about karate as well...where are you located? Cleveland's pretty spread out.

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 8:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not hell bent on karate, but I would prefer a striking art. I'm very new so I just want to find a good school with good instructors where I can build a solid foundation. I'm shocked at how hard it is to find that. I'm looking for substance over style.

I appreciate it, if you hear anything let me know.

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 8:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I could go to pitt I've heard there's a lot of good schools there, but it's too far. I'm in Garfield Heights which is pretty central, my last school was on the east side and was a 30-40 minute drive. I'm okay with driving up to an hour. I would prefer karate, but it doesn't have to specifically be that, at this point I do want a striking art though. I've had a couple friends tell me it's not the art that matters it's the instructors.

If you hear anything let me know, I appreciate it

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 8:28pm

Style: FMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously Nightfall_77 minus rep?

Seriously Nightfall_77 minus rep?

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 9:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry, def a noob here, i hit it by accident thought it was an expand button to see my comment, i was trying to figure out where my reply was, didn't see the pending moderator message at the bottom

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't mean to minus rep, i thought the down arrow was to expand replies because I've tried replying to both comments and can't find them. Any info i'd appreciate

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/06/2014 2:28am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nightfall you are a new poster. Due to the influx of spammers all new posters have to have their posts approved by a moderator until you hit a minimum threshold.