Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 10:35am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    You need enough of a warmup to limit risk of injury, IMO. We only have classes twice a week, too much warmup is a waste of time.
    When I was at a full time dojo we had very tough warmups...but class was two hours and like six times a week, so we could get away with it.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ warmup for me is currently about 10m of jogging forward, jogging backward, jogging sideways, bearcrawls, crabwalks, shrimping, bridging, breakfalls, standups, pushups, planks, leg circles. This is for a 60 minute class, and I think it's pretty useful considering the warmup includes actual techniques, and it's timed so you have to learn to keep pace.

Hung Ga warmup is 10m isometrics to warm up the muscles and sinews a bit, then 20m on 18 basic drills (stancework, footwork drills, striking drills, combinations), for a 2 hour practice.

Any kind of good shadowboxing you can learn is a great part of a warmup.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    BJJ warmup for me is currently about 10m of jogging forward, jogging backward, jogging sideways, bearcrawls, crabwalks, shrimping, bridging, breakfalls, standups, pushups, planks, leg circles. This is for a 60 minute class, and I think it's pretty useful considering the warmup includes actual techniques, and it's timed so you have to learn to keep pace.
    Don't forget forward rolls that I always mess up. Always. And bearcrawls where you drag someone holding your belt on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 10:13pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one thing I picked up from aikido and judo is simply finding various ways to make guys go from standing, to ground, to standing is about the most efficient way to get the bold flowing. When our aikido class is big I'll have everyone shrimp in place, with and emphasis on transition quickness... good space saver and gets ya warm as well.

Posted On:
    4/04/2014 7:40am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our wdenesday is five minutes on a crash mat with a plate doing round the worlds squat an press jump squats etc. Five minutes with a floor to cealing bag running around the room again squats or get ups.
    And then five minutes with a medicine ball doing abs. 2 rounds of everything.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12