Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 9:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those of you that didn't watch the whole thing here is a very short highlights real

Boy did he look relieved when the timer ran out btw.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 10:49pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pulls half guard, then holds on for dear life in punch my face in position for 10 minutes. Yeah. Awesome. Compared to what?

I know, I know, some people are all about playing the game of jiu jitsu just for the fun of it and all. Well, **** them.

I'm with Miss Ronda's mommy on this one. If you're using a technique where you don't get your ass beat simply because there's a rule to prevent you from getting your ass beat, then you're doing something wrong.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 12:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil if you dont enjoy jiu jitsu, then why are you even posting on this thread?

Like what did you think was going to happen? That it was going to turn into an MMA match?

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 12:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Pulls half guard, then holds on for dear life in punch my face in position for 10 minutes.
    You do understand that throwing punches upsets your base right?
    It would have been very hard for him to not get swept all that much sooner if he did start throwing punches. Throwing punches would have done him no good from the bottom of an electric chair.
    While Bravo doesn't do MMA he does participate train and teach Combat JJ where punches are allowed to be thrown on the ground.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 8:34am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Devil if you dont enjoy jiu jitsu, then why are you even posting on this thread?

Like what did you think was going to happen? That it was going to turn into an MMA match?
    First of all, you realize this is YMAS, right?

Second, I think jiu jitsu is awesome. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend over $300 a month for my kids to learn it when they have easy access to virtually every martial arts style known to man. I just happen to think jiu jitsu should be done like this, or as close as you can get to it:

I don't give a **** what color belt somebody is wearing and I don't care whether it's BJJ or Tae Kwon Do - bad fighting technique is bad fighting technique and I'm not going to accept it as okay just because a famous practitioner says it's okay. It's not fucking okay.

Jumping to half guard is a godawful fighting strategy. It's a wonderful way to get your ass kicked and I'm not going to be impressed if someone does it, then lays there for half of a 20 minute match doing nothing with his face exposed, then finally gets a couple sweeps and walks away with a draw. That's just shitty.

In fact, pulling guard in a competition is for bitches, period. There, I said it. And I damn well mean it. Is the guard dangerous? Yes. Can you finish people from the guard? Of course. But why would you ever in a fight willingly put yourself in a position where you're going to take punishment from strikes until you find a way to sweep or submit? It's stupid.

Pulling guard in a competition is conceding that you don't have the skills to take your opponent down......that your opponent is better than you on the feet. Pulling guard is giving up on that portion of the match. It's a bitch move. It bewilders me when people preach the position before submission mantra (which I believe in wholeheartedly) but then willingly give up top position right off the bat by pulling fucking guard. Retarded.

I love watching jiu jitsu. But when competitors veer away from practical fighting strategies, which is what made BJJ great in the first place, just to get their hand raised - then I hate it and I lose respect for the competitor.

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 8:42am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You do understand that throwing punches upsets your base right?
    It would have been very hard for him to not get swept all that much sooner if he did start throwing punches. Throwing punches would have done him no good from the bottom of an electric chair.
    While Bravo doesn't do MMA he does participate train and teach Combat JJ where punches are allowed to be thrown on the ground.

Bullshit. Ask Randy Couture about throwing punches from half guard. What have you seen utilized more effectively in MMA? Half guard as an offensive position or strikes thrown from inside half guard?

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, the poetic irony of Bravo doing exactly what Royce did so many years ago.

Is that why Royce felt disrespected? Bravo pulled a Royce circa UFC4 to effectively nullify that legendary GJJ?

Did matter and antimatter just collide in this match I just watched? Holy ****.

To defeat a Gracie, you must become him....

/mind blown

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the youngins'

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 12:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When my son hangs on to half guard for dear life I tell him to stop being lazy.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/01/2014 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    In fact, pulling guard in a competition is for bitches, period. There, I said it. And I damn well mean it. Is the guard dangerous? Yes. Can you finish people from the guard? Of course. But why would you ever in a fight willingly put yourself in a position where you're going to take punishment from strikes until you find a way to sweep or submit? It's stupid.

Pulling guard in a competition is conceding that you don't have the skills to take your opponent down......that your opponent is better than you on the feet. Pulling guard is giving up on that portion of the match. It's a bitch move. It bewilders me when people preach the position before submission mantra (which I believe in wholeheartedly) but then willingly give up top position right off the bat by pulling fucking guard. Retarded.
    as a judoka i tend to agree with you on this. i know that travis stevens has pulled guard in grappling (and he's no bitch, that's for sure - don't kill me next time we randori, travis) watching him just *slam* people with his judo tachiwaza in BJJ tournaments is just a wonderful thing to see.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast