• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 11:28pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick way to know your style might be legit: when people start making videos on how to "defeat" your style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 9:03pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really wanted to find it, and I did.

The Anti-Izzo.

Posted On:
    3/31/2014 11:09pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely....brilliant! I guess wing chun is legit now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    4/09/2014 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well this vid is certainly interesting although it seems he doesn't rip their face off and holds back too much for it to really be impressive:
    youtube.com/watch?v=sZkXZgqjk00

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    4/16/2014 3:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wariat View Post
    Well this vid is certainly interesting although it seems he doesn't rip their face off and holds back too much for it to really be impressive:
    youtube.com/watch?v=sZkXZgqjk00
    Posting Dan Horgan in response to a boxer's video... Go home troll, you're dropping the median IQ here off by too many points.

And on the off chance you're not a troll: go check out the thread that Dan Horgan participated in here. It has his name in the title.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    4/16/2014 3:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Boston Ginja's Arts of Snake and Crane are often washed down with a healthy dose of McDonald's.

Dan Horgan's Wing Chun ("Blast!") illustrates exactly what's wrong with Dom Izzo's Wing Chun ("Tactical!"), and vice versa. The fact that both have appeared TOGETHER in video hammers this point home.

Neither one is as remotely interesting to watch as they think they are, from a martial arts POV. Yet both pump out video after video, dramatizing things like Obasi on speed.

Dan is a former "amateur boxing promoter" who now calls himself a "former streetfighter" and pumps out Wing Chun videos and "sparring" videos that aren't.

Dominic is an ex-cop who is busy trying to make "Wing Chun vs" videos for every.single.possible.technique.imaginable. Sometimes he records these videos while driving his car around Chicago.

These two are examples of White Knighting in the WC world. I have so much more respect for the quiet guys who just go learn WC, than these guys who crusade publicly and generally piss off most of the folks they are trying to speak to (ie. you).
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 4/16/2014 3:58pm at .

Posted On:
    9/18/2014 1:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: philippine wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

weapons, skills, tools and usage

Quote Originally Posted by mrhiggins38112 View Post
    What is you guys opinion of wing chun as an art for street fighting. I told them I was going to visit a wing chun club in another forum and they went on a wing chun bashing rampage. There seems to be disagreement in the martial arts community on the effectiveness on wing chun.
    hi there.

before i say something i would like to tell you that im just a curious martial artist so please dont take what im going to say the wrong way.

what my instructor told me is that skills = weapon. weapons = tool. its up to you how to use your tools. a punch is a punch, a kick is a kick. i have studied wing chun on and off for the past 3ish years and i havent used it in an actual street fight. but let me tell you that i was able to hold my ground against my krav maga teacher who was really going to kick my ass. he may have won, but remember that he has more training and experience than me. but the fact that i was able to stand my ground after learning on and off for 3 years is something you should consider first before deciding if wing chun is applicable or not. another thing i would like to point out is that there are a ton of mcdojos out there. probably the people who said that wing chun sucks is because of the quality control of that group.

Posted On:
    9/18/2014 1:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: philippine wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i have studied wing chun on and off for the past 3 years. i havent been to a street fight and used my wing chun but i was able to stand my ground against my krav maga instructor who was going to really kick my ass. so before you decide wether wing chun is applicable or not, take a closer look first. probably the people who told you wing chun sucks is that maybe they saw a mcdojo and the quality control is crap.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12