Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 3:12pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thanks Molluscum Contagiosum!

I know there' a thread about having this infection, but my case differed a little from it and I need some other opinions on what to do.

I saw some bumps on my arms, thought they were bedbug bites, got a new mattress, got more bumps, so I went to see the Dermatologist. As soon as she came in she knew it was Molluscum.

She said not to worry, I'll be fine, she sees it in wrestlers all the time, and that they are only ugly, they aren't dangerous. She gave me some liquid nitrogen, and told me that it's o.k. for me to wrestle as soon as I want but that it wouldn't be a bad Idea to wear a long sleeved rash guard until the bumps go down a bit more.

She said that the only way to get them is if one pops, the fluid leaks out and gets on someone else's skin, and that they can't get it from the mats or anything.

So, I'm torn.

Do I call my club and tell them that I had what I thought were bites that are now confirmed to be Molluscum? Or do I just wait till they go down and show up to resume training?

They can't get it from the mats, but I'm afraid they could have gotten some from me or something. I don't even know who I got it from. ( I think the big dude from my previous club. I thought he had little "warts" or skin tags or something on his arm and neck)

Thanks to anyone with advice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell your club, that will keep it from spreading and/or give anybody else a head start on fixing it themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 9:52pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Tell your club, that will keep it from spreading and/or give anybody else a head start on fixing it themselves.
    O.K. I will. I was leaning towards that rather than not telling. I hope I didn't infect anyone else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2014 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You think they'll be pissed at me? I honestly didn't know. I thought they were bites.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 2:59am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering the alternative is you keeping it secret and possibly starting an in-club epidemic, I think they'll be reasonable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2014 5:13am

Style: Judo & WTF Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah tell 'em. Its better off they know that there is a known case of it and can take steps to let everyone know what it is and what to do if they encounter it.

Any decent sporting club/team wouldn't blame you for it and would just take action to reduce the likelihood of anyone else getting it. In the worst case scenario and you had infected someone and take a few weeks off then come back, there's going to be some awkward questions from the coach and the person who got them off you.