Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 3:30pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This kind of study can lead to safer training. Even if the rules of the sport remain unchanged, adapting training methodologies to create a safer training program, with fewer injuries, while maintaining the caliber of fighters produced would be huge. I've been thinking for a while now, that the rate of injuries in training has gotten ridiculous. Entire cards have been gutted due to one injury after another. And most of these injuries aren't as bad as long term brain injuries have the potential to be.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny how people use entertainment value to justify those extra Traumatic Brain Injuries. Happens in NHL, NFL....UFC. NO **** $$$$

I mean, what will the sponsors think if there is less blood??????

Seriously this is where you get to choose whether UFC is really about martial arts, or just reality television fight TV where people get brained for the crowd...

If I want to see some rubes smash each other's heads in, I'll watch Amish Mafia, thanks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 9:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I never said I was anything but a recreational martial artist, doesn't make the punches any less real when they hit.
    Ha haha hahaha. Bullshit. Intent does make the punches less or more real. I'm shocked everyone ignored this garbage.

I have been clobbered many times both in and out of training.
    So? Your equivocation is terrible, the fact you are comparing some shitty street fights to a standing 8 is stupid.
    You don't PRACTICE full contact, you practice FOR full contact. Yes, I know you don't "get it."

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 9:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Ha haha hahaha. Bullshit. Intent does make the punches less or more real. I'm shocked everyone ignored this garbage.

So? Your equivocation is terrible, the fact you are comparing some shitty street fights to a standing 8 is stupid.
    You don't PRACTICE full contact, you practice FOR full contact. Yes, I know you don't "get it."
    Actually I do get it, however you are full of **** if you think I haven't taken punches "with intent". You don't train with me so your argument is invalid.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You don't train with me so your argument is invalid.
    No, you don't get it at all. I don't need to train with you to invalidate this asshattery:
    Again it's ultimate FIGHTING, not ultimate sparring. If you pussify MMA too much you will take away the true nature of that sport.
    Yes I have practiced full contact and do know what it fells like to get punched repeatedly. It fucking hurts and can cause serious problems,
    Actually I do get it, however you are full of **** if you think I haven't taken punches "with intent".
    You are the idiot trying to bring up the bullshido "street vs sport" argument in a TBI thread. You invalidated your own argument, I just pointed out your further stupidity.
    I like MMA the way it is, I guess that's my only real point.
    Yes, the one that has been completely and utterly CHANGED to be safer? Yes, keep showing us your lack of historical knowledge of MMA.

Now, my point is invalidated if your use of clobbered is directly related to TBI, your "rec ma" training and the level of stupidity you constantly display. Then, yes, I need to train with you to see how you practice full contact, so hard, that "clobbered" in class, is equal to "clobbered" on the street.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/02/2014 11:57pm at .

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It actually makes perfect sense on a certain level.
    Bnet might have TBI.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 9:38am

Style: mt/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tld;r

I just want pride rules back!

Knees and stomp to the head while on the ground. I think the less rules there are the more the fighter's beast mode can come out.

I know there is a lot of safety reasons for such rules and dana white might lose some $ if his top teir fighters get screwed up like that. Or maybe MMA is still taboo to most people and pride rules will come back in the near future? : -)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 9:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    I just want PRIDE back!

Fixed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2014 7:23pm

Style: mt/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

I support your lifestyle choices. Join me and my friends, I'm the one in the middle
    It's quite tempting, I'd have to pass the offer though!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 7:52am

Style: krav maga, bjj, mma,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The methodology of the study is a little suspect but I am really glad we are seeing more research into the effects of combat sports on the brain.

Its a ridiculous notion that doing more research on a subject is some how pussifcation. People who enter into MMA know there is risk, without research they have no idea what the risk actually is. Unless you fight MMA or Boxing I wouldn't recommend calling the people who do it pussys because they do something you don't like.

Personally I don't think a pause in the action will work for MMA. I do however support the recommendation that fighters should get CT or MRI scans after a TKO or Knockout.

In regards to the Dan Henderson right hand it doesn't really illustrate anything meaningful rules wise nothing rules wise would have stopped that follow up unless you want to ban striking on the ground all together. That was the result of the ref not stopping the fight in time. The follow up strike was a result of bad reffing first and foremost.

Rabbit you keep talking about sponsors and blood but I am not really sure why. Sponsors dont pay per quart of blood split. I get the impression you really dislike MMA as a sport.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast