233138 Bullies, 3600 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 64
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. AKRhino is online now
    AKRhino's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    552

    Posted On:
    4/02/2014 3:30pm


     Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This kind of study can lead to safer training. Even if the rules of the sport remain unchanged, adapting training methodologies to create a safer training program, with fewer injuries, while maintaining the caliber of fighters produced would be huge. I've been thinking for a while now, that the rate of injuries in training has gotten ridiculous. Entire cards have been gutted due to one injury after another. And most of these injuries aren't as bad as long term brain injuries have the potential to be.
  2. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,606

    Posted On:
    4/02/2014 7:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny how people use entertainment value to justify those extra Traumatic Brain Injuries. Happens in NHL, NFL....UFC. NO **** $$$$

    I mean, what will the sponsors think if there is less blood??????

    Seriously this is where you get to choose whether UFC is really about martial arts, or just reality television fight TV where people get brained for the crowd...

    If I want to see some rubes smash each other's heads in, I'll watch Amish Mafia, thanks.
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    4/02/2014 9:29pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I never said I was anything but a recreational martial artist, doesn't make the punches any less real when they hit.
    Ha haha hahaha. Bullshit. Intent does make the punches less or more real. I'm shocked everyone ignored this garbage.

    I have been clobbered many times both in and out of training.
    So? Your equivocation is terrible, the fact you are comparing some shitty street fights to a standing 8 is stupid.
    You don't PRACTICE full contact, you practice FOR full contact. Yes, I know you don't "get it."
  4. Bneterasedmynam is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    4/02/2014 9:51pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Ha haha hahaha. Bullshit. Intent does make the punches less or more real. I'm shocked everyone ignored this garbage.

    So? Your equivocation is terrible, the fact you are comparing some shitty street fights to a standing 8 is stupid.
    You don't PRACTICE full contact, you practice FOR full contact. Yes, I know you don't "get it."
    Actually I do get it, however you are full of **** if you think I haven't taken punches "with intent". You don't train with me so your argument is invalid.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,103

    Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:46pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You don't train with me so your argument is invalid.
    No, you don't get it at all. I don't need to train with you to invalidate this asshattery:
    Again it's ultimate FIGHTING, not ultimate sparring. If you pussify MMA too much you will take away the true nature of that sport.
    Yes I have practiced full contact and do know what it fells like to get punched repeatedly. It fucking hurts and can cause serious problems,
    Actually I do get it, however you are full of **** if you think I haven't taken punches "with intent".
    You are the idiot trying to bring up the bullshido "street vs sport" argument in a TBI thread. You invalidated your own argument, I just pointed out your further stupidity.
    I like MMA the way it is, I guess that's my only real point.
    Yes, the one that has been completely and utterly CHANGED to be safer? Yes, keep showing us your lack of historical knowledge of MMA.

    Now, my point is invalidated if your use of clobbered is directly related to TBI, your "rec ma" training and the level of stupidity you constantly display. Then, yes, I need to train with you to see how you practice full contact, so hard, that "clobbered" in class, is equal to "clobbered" on the street.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/02/2014 11:57pm at .
  6. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,314

    Posted On:
    4/02/2014 11:52pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It actually makes perfect sense on a certain level.
    Bnet might have TBI.
  7. big maclol is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bay area, ca
    Posts
    258

    Posted On:
    4/03/2014 9:38am


     Style: mt/bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tld;r

    I just want pride rules back!

    Knees and stomp to the head while on the ground. I think the less rules there are the more the fighter's beast mode can come out.

    I know there is a lot of safety reasons for such rules and dana white might lose some $ if his top teir fighters get screwed up like that. Or maybe MMA is still taboo to most people and pride rules will come back in the near future? : -)
  8. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    4/03/2014 9:42am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    I just want PRIDE back!

    Fixed.
  9. big maclol is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bay area, ca
    Posts
    258

    Posted On:
    4/03/2014 7:23pm


     Style: mt/bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post


    I support your lifestyle choices. Join me and my friends, I'm the one in the middle
    It's quite tempting, I'd have to pass the offer though!
  10. Carlos13th is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Swansea, Wales
    Posts
    213

    Posted On:
    5/05/2014 7:52am


     Style: krav maga, bjj, mma,

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The methodology of the study is a little suspect but I am really glad we are seeing more research into the effects of combat sports on the brain.

    Its a ridiculous notion that doing more research on a subject is some how pussifcation. People who enter into MMA know there is risk, without research they have no idea what the risk actually is. Unless you fight MMA or Boxing I wouldn't recommend calling the people who do it pussys because they do something you don't like.

    Personally I don't think a pause in the action will work for MMA. I do however support the recommendation that fighters should get CT or MRI scans after a TKO or Knockout.

    In regards to the Dan Henderson right hand it doesn't really illustrate anything meaningful rules wise nothing rules wise would have stopped that follow up unless you want to ban striking on the ground all together. That was the result of the ref not stopping the fight in time. The follow up strike was a result of bad reffing first and foremost.

    Rabbit you keep talking about sponsors and blood but I am not really sure why. Sponsors dont pay per quart of blood split. I get the impression you really dislike MMA as a sport.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.