Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2014 3:51pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Candito is of the opinion that the wider the stance the more forward the feet should be. I tend to agree.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2014 8:31pm

Style: Jujitsu Aikido Bodycombat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as long as you realise the feet should never point straight forward on a wide stance. A lot of this depends on the type and depth of the squat. To get that deep with the narrow stance squat he demo's your feet would need to point out but the knee should always be in line with the foot during the movement regardless of the stance. (He shows this well when he demo's the feet out, narrow stance deep squat and in his wider stance squat. When he does his deliberate bad example you can see the knee isn't in line with the foot when at the bottom of the movement). If they don't line up the force is not going directly with the movement of the knee joint and is asking for a knee injury.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2014 3:09am

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are doing Starting Strength: have you bought and read the book? Because your squat looks like an attempt to do an equipped, Westside style squat instead of a raw Rippetoe style lowbar squat. I know there is all sorts of conflicting knowledge out there, but here is what I'd say (some of it is repeating other people's advice).

-Stance should be slightly wider than shoulder width with toes pointed slightly outward. I think your biggest issue is too wide a stance and toes pointed almost sideways is making you very unstable. Unstable is generally bad.
    -Knees should generally track over the foot.
    -I like the "show me your dick" cue. Basically, push your knees out as your are dropping into the hole. It will help keep your knees tracking over the foot rather than collapsing inward.
    -Chest up, back straight, ass back, knees out.
    -If you are losing the bar off your back, elbows up.

Keep it up, getting an actual coach helps a lot.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234