Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 8:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

GSP Cites Concerns Over Drug Use Among UFC Fighters As Partial Reason For Leaving

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma...163754207.html

This is the first I've heard of this..but that's not saying much because I don't really follow things all that closely.
    It sounds like this has the potential to snowball into some ugly, unwanted publicity for Dana White and the UFC.

Regardless of what you think of GSP, it sounds like there are some serious allegations here that need to be looked into.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    3/18/2014 10:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP as always come off to me as a class act and seem to have a great deal of integrity.

I have a tendency to believe what he has to say more than I would say Dana.

Truth is, I can't imagine that some sort of PED cycle isn't a part of every training camps routine.

With the money to be made and the level of competition.

Posted On:
    3/19/2014 7:57am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, there is just no way I would ever believe that any of those great fighters could be on peds. Hahahahahaha. This should be titled under the heading "no fucking **** Sherlock".

Posted On:
    3/19/2014 8:55am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Truth is, I can't imagine that some sort of PED cycle isn't a part of every training camps routine.
    If they're professional athletes, just assume they're on everything but roller skates.

Posted On:
    3/19/2014 1:11pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    If they're professional athletes, just assume they're on everything but roller skates.
    In spite of this, I think there is a place for a rational testing regime. At the very least it changes the game from everyone taking all they can for performance to trying to work the PEDs in to their program in a way that avoids getting caught. I believe independent, random testing can accomplish this. I would be interested to hear if anyone with actual professional experience or knowledge thinks differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2014 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure that Dana White isn't going to put any more stringent regulations in place regarding mandatory testing etc. until such time as he is forced to by State officials and/or public pressure to do so.
    I'm also sure that GSP has no reason to make any of this up and he is not mentioning this because he has any sort of axe to grind with the UFC. He is not that type of person and I think he is genuinely concerned with the issues involving PED's and its potential effects on the sport.
    Its a given that this sort of **** is going on, the only questions is to what extent.
    I don't know much about the current testing policies, but I'm pretty sure the fighters are at least required to provide a urine sample prior to a big fight, are they not ?
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    3/21/2014 8:14pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Until the authorities make serious efforts to stop the us of PED's, I just can't take any sport seriously and don't spend money or time on them. Since people continue paying money to watch cheaters play against other cheaters to see who the best cheater is, White is on board, winking all the way. There is nothing in it for White to be the white knight. No pun intended. He's still an epic douche, though.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2014 5:08am

Style: Muay Thai, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without having been a rabid follower of TUF, is it possible that one of the variables behind many of the underperformance of some TUF winners in subsequent matches in the octagon is the lack of PEDs in their preparation as they haven't had the same funding/backing? Or is this just conspiracy from ignorance on my behalf?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2014 8:47am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to Itunes and search 'Victor Conte'. His very recent interview on the Joe Rogan show is very insightful on this subject.