Sponsored Links Spacer Image

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/25/2014 2:13am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    ...I have a serious striking identity crisis sometimes.
    As a guy with zero MMA experience and basically minimal striking experience this is exactly what I thought when I watched you box:

it must be very hard for you to stop your painstakingly trained MMA combinations and reflexes from occuring in the boxing match.

The boxer fights easier, doing only what he trains - you must filter out a lot of your training...

I don't know, maybe there is a kind of switch in your brain and when you turn "boxing" on, it gets simple, too. But I just think it needs extra mental work.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

:)

Posted On:
    3/25/2014 8:32am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    I have a serious striking identity crisis sometimes.
    That's probably healthy. MMA is - in a sense - those kind of transitions condensed into moments, rather than weeks or months.

Your passion for action shows, in all these rulesets. You never seem to let them settle. Some of that comes from your ability to legit box, legit grapple, legit kb etc IMO. You're not trying to round out your weaknesses or mix it up so much as apply your weaponry wherever it goes.

It's going to be very hard for future opponents to take you out of your comfort zone if they're all (relatively) comfortable phases.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12