Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 2:43am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bruce Lee in new UFC game

Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought it might be worth mentioning if you havn't heard yet.

Bruce Lee is in the upcoming UFC game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...a-release-date

Looks like we'll finally get an answer to the age old question of how Bruce Lee would fare against modern fighters. (presuming that video games are an accurate representation of reality)

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 3:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots off people in the comments section saying they have no interest in UFC and they didn't like the previous games, but they're going to get this one just because of Bruce.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like a wise move.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 6:56am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Lots off people in the comments section saying they have no interest in UFC and they didn't like the previous games, but they're going to get this one just because of Bruce.

Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like a wise move.
    As it's been done with blessing of the 'Lee estate' I'm fairly sure his 'image' is protected. I doubt he will be portrayed in a negative way.. just maybe some of these non fans may come to enjoy of this type of competition in the real world.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 7:36am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly it will probably do what they intended and help them sell a lot more copies than they would have otherwise. If I had a dime for every martial artist that was obsessed with bruce lee I'd be a millionaire. I'm not that big on our Kung fu movie star friend, but I see nothing really wrong with it. I'm just curious how much they had to pay the estate if at all for image rights ect.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 7:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce Lee in a UFC game?? Meh. It's a gimmick, but since it's EA games that's hardly surprising. For me that's the deal killer EA can suck a donkey dick.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 8:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    As it's been done with blessing of the 'Lee estate' I'm fairly sure his 'image' is protected. I doubt he will be portrayed in a negative way.. just maybe some of these non fans may come to enjoy of this type of competition in the real world.
    If they didn't like the first two games, and they're buying this one because of one bonus character, not because of some major revision in the way the game plays, I think they'll give it a few goes and then put it on the shelf to gather dust. I am a very pessimistic man though.

Also, this makes me wonder -do people still buy physical copies of games? What's the equivalent to gathering dust for a download?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 8:27am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember when they did that with Star Wars characters with one of those fighting games a few years back, I thought that was cheap and gimmicky.

The UFC games have a pretty decent learning curve to them, and lazy, endo morph, basement trolls with dragon seat covers on their Chevy Cavalier can pretend to whoop butt without having to do any work.

Anyway, hopefully they accurately portray his skills. I'll roll my eyes if he's like an Awesome grappler or thrower.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 8:48am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    I remember when they did that with Star Wars characters with one of those fighting games a few years back, I thought that was cheap and gimmicky.
    That was one of the Soul Caliber games, and they always have one or two guest characters taken from some other source.

Anyway, hopefully they accurately portray his skills. I'll roll my eyes if he's like an Awesome grappler or thrower.
    He should be able to somersault out of throws and bite his way out of arm-bars.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using TapTalk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 9:06am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, the guy was talented and great for many reasons. But he only trained formally for a few years before starting his own style, attached with stories of prowess with unclear vetting. In other situations he would be heavily criticized on a web page like this.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/07/2014 9:44am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those UFC games suck balls. I don't give a **** who they put in it. I'm not buying another one.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast