Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/02/2015 7:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Filipino Martial Arts?

I am interested in learning filipino martial arts, stick and knife fighting, can anyone revoke d good places to learn in Sydney Australia? Also can anyone tell me how to tell a good school/instructor from a bad one? As a noob who has never trained in anything before it can be hard for me to know. The only thing I know for certain is that sparring should be against a resistant opponent rather than a compliant partner.

Posted On:
    7/02/2015 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there

http://dojos.com.au/RussellBalintawak/
    or
    http://www.evolvecqc.com

I trained with John a while back when visiting family on the recommendation of a family friend who continues to train with him (By now it would be about 9 or so years) and recommends him highly.

I found him to be no-nonsense, he was clear that he was teaching me how to beat someones head in with a stick/pipe/broken bottle/whatever the else I had to hand, as opposed to gaining spiritual guidance or whatever other esoteric reason idiots think MA's are for.

I had one-to-one classes with him however, so you might want group classes, I think he was teaching some a few years back, my advice would be to inquire.

Posted On:
    7/03/2015 12:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first class ever they tought me how to bleed a man out in less than a minute by cutting three places in one fluid motion.

Ask your Guro abou it. If they won't show you they are fake and you should skull rape.

Posted On:
    7/03/2015 2:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ, FMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparing, drills with aliveness, an empty hand curriculum, triangle stepping, and you know hitting things with sticks.

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Posted On:
    7/03/2015 2:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, also "can anyone revoke d good places" was meant to read "can anyone recommend any good places" damn autocorrect

Posted On:
    7/06/2015 2:22am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This **** is insane. Perfect start to a Monday morning. I feel to learn me some Filipino martial arts.