233155 Bullies, 3359 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 125
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 10:31am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Because some intoxicants are bad because they are illegal. If marijuana were never made illegal, there would be no move to ban it now. There is no particularly valid reason to disallow the use of marijuana if alcohol is legal. Ergo it is illegal because there was a racially charged campaign to make it so. As you say, it will probably be straight-up legal for adults to use within 10-15 years, due to the lack of a compelling argument against it.
    I'm not necessarily against legalizing marijuana. It's not something I care too much about one way or the other. But there is a compelling argument against legalization, just as there are compelling arguments for legalization.

    The primary difference between marijuana and alcohol, as I see it is that intoxication is always the outcome of smoking weed. People all around the world drink alcohol for reasons other than getting drunk - like they enjoy the taste of a beer to wash down their meal.

    Nevertheless, I'm kind of in favor of more people smoking weed because regular weed usage turns people into losers (something all lazy potheads vehemently deny). More losers means less competition for the **** I want to obtain in life.

    This is the part where potheads smugly point to some genius pothead outlier as proof that weed doesn't make you dull and lazy. Uh huh. Keep thinking that. Better for me.
  2. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,348

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 11:14am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The primary difference between marijuana and alcohol, as I see it is that intoxication is always the outcome of smoking weed. People all around the world drink alcohol for reasons other than getting drunk - like they enjoy the taste of a beer to wash down their meal.
    That is a distinction, but that one beer still intoxicates slightly, in fact, enough to qualify as DUI in some places. The larger point being it is not illegal to drink for the purpose of becoming intoxicated, even if it isn't always the goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
  3. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 11:36am

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    That is a distinction, but that one beer still intoxicates slightly, in fact, enough to qualify as DUI in some places. The larger point being it is not illegal to drink for the purpose of becoming intoxicated, even if it isn't always the goal.
    Depends on your weight and the alchohol content in the beverage. But I don't disagree with your point.
  4. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 11:42am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm not necessarily against legalizing marijuana. It's not something I care too much about one way or the other. But there is a compelling argument against legalization, just as there are compelling arguments for legalization.

    The primary difference between marijuana and alcohol, as I see it is that intoxication is always the outcome of smoking weed. People all around the world drink alcohol for reasons other than getting drunk - like they enjoy the taste of a beer to wash down their meal.

    Nevertheless, I'm kind of in favor of more people smoking weed because regular weed usage turns people into losers (something all lazy potheads vehemently deny). More losers means less competition for the **** I want to obtain in life.

    This is the part where potheads smugly point to some genius pothead outlier as proof that weed doesn't make you dull and lazy. Uh huh. Keep thinking that. Better for me.
    You say that the primary goal of weed is to intoxicate, but it seems as if a lot of use for medical purposes is also emerging. And some are in pill form so no need to smoke it. So why is there still so much resistance to medical marijuana??
  5. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,795

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 11:47am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    You say that the primary goal of weed is to intoxicate, but it seems as if a lot of use for medical purposes is also emerging. And some are in pill form so no need to smoke it. So why is there still so much resistance to medical marijuana??
    I'm not talking about prescription medication.
  6. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,314

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 12:42pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  7. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 1:59pm


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I'm surprised your avatar isn't the Koch brothers.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,606

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 3:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is such speculative research.

    99942 Apophis was supposed to destroy the Earth in 2029, and then maybe in 2036, before it was finally dropped to Torino 0.

    Likewise, cancers will be the #1 killer in 2030 unless they're all cured, or some are cured, or survival rates are higher...all three of which seem like possible outcomes.

    Adding to the burden will be an increase in the number of cancer survivors. Fifty years ago, only a handful of "minimally effective" treatments for cancer existed, according to the report. Today, there are more than 170 FDA-approved anti-cancer drugs.

    Two-thirds of Americans now live at least five years after a cancer diagnosis, up from about half in the 1970s, the report authors write. Survivors need ongoing care, as they're at higher risk for other types of cancer and conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis.
  9. ermghoti is online now
    ermghoti's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    2,348

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 3:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    So why is there still so much resistance to medical marijuana??
    Because of potheads.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
  10. Bneterasedmynam is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,270

    Posted On:
    3/13/2014 3:50pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Because of potheads.
    Who do potheads hurt?? It's like declaring war on butterflies.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.