222239 Bullies, 3774 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 73
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,786

    Posted On:
    3/08/2014 9:48pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    Nope, A large part of the reason i go to an effort to make a point is either a) in the hope that I can convince someone who previously did not agree with my point to do so or b) to provide a base for interesting discussion.
    You realize, you actually agreed with my assertion, inserted a logical fallacy and then argued YOUR position.
  2. baby_cart is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    367

    Posted On:
    3/08/2014 9:54pm


     Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Do your own homework shithead.
    I don't speak for Dale, only towards your obvious ignorance.





    Hahaha...
    Because you've studied it so extensively, right?

    All it took to send you into fallacy land was a wiki quote.

    Stfu.
    Not that extensively, but YES I DID STUDY IT. I'M A NURSE, FOR ****'S SAKE. I get routinely cursed, insulted and one time even spat upon when things **** up on this side.

    Have you ever had an experience where one wrong move could send a guy dying even when more than 20 people have been doing their best to keep him alive for a day? That's why I'm looking for CLARIFICATION. Hospitals are slow moving conservative monoliths. If this has a connection to what I'm doing and makes my job way much easier, why not? HOWEVER, this must be solid, OTHER people's live are riding on it.



    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post


    Gosh....baby_cart, ghost55, IsThisRight...stop being so stupid.

    I don't care how smart you think I am, your ridiculous derail about the differences between the CNS and PNS has run its course, don't you think?

    Dale said "shock to CNS" and you motherfuckers are lecturing people on CNSvsPNS and looking for hydrostatic shock-like damage BS, when none of you even read Dale properly.

    You're arguing like Chunners now.

    repeating Dale's assertion:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    The slots help reduce the strikes and soften the impact. You do not want to strike immovable things as the risk of having that shock return to your CNS and cause issues is real.

    Question is: what issues? Acute or chronic?


    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    "Not involved". Really. And who is talking about damage, you said "sheltered".

    So, nobody ever got syncope from peripheral nerve pain?

    Stupid.



    Stupid is thinking of the peripheral and CNS as two separate systems, and that one can't cause significant dangerous effects in the other, which is what Dale is talking about.

    If you think you can explain how the CNS is "sheltered" from peripheral nerve pain, I'm listening. Explain vasovagal syncope due to extremity pain, professor.
    Vasovagal syncope is even more pronounced in liver shots. you saying that that guy's training is as dangerous as full contact sparring?


    And this:

    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Say what?

    OK, then do me a favor. Go smash your pinky finger with a hammer, and come back and enlighten us on well your CNS was sheltered.
    The difference between smashing your pinky and striking your hands against a immovable target is speed (hammer can accelerate a little bit more than the hand and has a smaller surface area) and solidity/structure(hand striking has built-in shock absorbers aka joints. That hammer pinkie smashing has:

    1. solid/hard contact surface (hammerhead)
    2. target (pinkie)
    3. ANVIL (surface)

    Try smacking a pinkie using something solid while in the air will not hurt so much. That causing fainting is not highly probable.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    Yeah I love it when the unknown net ghosts
    who try and claim to be experts verbally dick tuck
    So I ask again: WHAT CNS ISSUES? Acute or chronic?

    Please answer the question Dale.
    Last edited by baby_cart; 3/08/2014 9:58pm at .
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 1:07am

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    I don't have the energy or motivation to explain to you why you are wrong. I hope some one else will do it for my entertainment.
    Says the guy arguing pointless strawmen for post after post, , who was trying to argue about "damage", a word he pulled out of his own asshole.

    In fact, do you really think anybody here doesn't know their CNS from their PNS? If so, why did you miss the OBVIOUS carrot I dangled in front of your face? Hint: What are vagus nerves, where are they in the nervous system, what do they regulate, and why is that very important to your CNS?

    No matter how much you dress up your argument or try to appeal from authority, it's mental masturbation.

    Missing the sarcasm in the posts was my first clue you were barking up a tree, or as Fake would say, chasing a windmill.

    The difference between us is I get his subtle hints, you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    I remember when you suggested this as an alternative to a squat:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZEpLb.jpg

    In this thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch.../t-117843.html

    Hopefully that can convince some people you have no idea what you're talking about even though you come across as you do. I'm done.
    That's a type of Chinese bodyweight squat YOU can't personally hold for more than 10-20 seconds, I'm guessing, because it requires significant endurance.

    Don't lecture me on squats, or I will challenge you to a squat off.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2014 1:42am at .
  4. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 1:21am

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    Try smacking a pinkie using something solid while in the air will not hurt so much. That causing fainting is not highly probable.)
    Thanks.

    So, you took my sarcasm towards IsThisRight? about smashing his pinky and seeing how "Sheltered" his CNS was from the effects to the extreme. Fine.

    +1 because IsThisRight? knows his pinky nerves are his peripheral nervous system? That is grade/high school ****.

    YMAS gold, fellas, keep up the effort.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2014 1:58am at . Reason: nvm
  5. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 1:36am

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    Nope, A large part of the reason i go to an effort to make a point is either a) in the hope that I can convince someone who previously did not agree with my point to do so or b) to provide a base for interesting discussion. This is the reason I don't discuss religion with anyone other than close friends anymore.
    If you want a snowball's chance in hell of being persuasive, you should start by NOT only being correct about what you're arguing, but also arguing something that's actually relevant to the thread and not tangents.

    Yes, I am an expert on tangents, which is why I know what I'm talking about.

    So far in this thread, you've argued a tangent, straw man position for several posts about "damage".

    THEN you used my sarcasm about smashing your pinky as a springboard for a TOTALLY different set of fallacies, appeals to authority, and other nonsense about the nervous system.

    THEN you give up because you were "out of energy", and ask somebody to teach ME about squats?

    For all you know, I am the Squat Fucking Master.

    5 years of iron body training will do that, you know.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2014 2:05am at .
  6. IsThisRight? is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    104

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 6:46am


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That's a type of Chinese bodyweight squat YOU can't personally hold for more than 10-20 seconds, I'm guessing, because it requires significant endurance.

    Don't lecture me on squats, or I will challenge you to a squat off.
    Looks useful. I bet you're awesome at your chosen MA and win all the competitions you do.
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 12:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    Looks useful. I bet you're awesome at your chosen MA and win all the competitions you do.
    No red herrings, please.

    Now, let's discuss Iron Body qigong, since you brought it up.

    See, you pulled in that position, which is actually of all things, a classic CMA Iron Body exercise.

    The forward (and reverse) Golden Tortoise (gum gwai sic) positions of the Seven Golden Passages (Chut gum muen) are, in fact, great exercise, as well as one of the primary exercises for building leg and core endurance in Hung ga. These are "widowmaker" external qi gong positions, because noobs gas out attempting them by the 30 second mark. With regular conditioning, you can endure these positions for 3,5, or even 10 minutes. Mark my words, the stamina required to go several minutes in this type of deep squat is significant.

    You could not have done anything more ironic than pulling in an actual Iron Body technique.

    Oh you thought Iron body is all about hitting things? Shows what you know but hey, its YMAS.

    This is where idiots like you spout off about the Central Nervous System and what little you know about arts outside your own.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/09/2014 12:14pm at .
  8. Mor Sao is offline
    Mor Sao's Avatar

    Nothing for Show, All for use

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    1,563

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 12:07pm

    supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Time to man up boys and pay Bullshido for the privilege of being here and using the facilities.

    I will not answer net ghosts who do not support our actions here on this site.

    Got it?

    My time and knowledge is not free and neither is running this site. Pony up or **** off.

    Pretty simple, neh?







  9. IsThisRight? is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    104

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 12:39pm


     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No red herrings, please.

    Now, let's discuss Iron Body qigong, since you brought it up.

    See, you pulled in that position, which is actually of all things, a classic CMA Iron Body exercise.

    The forward (and reverse) Golden Tortoise (gum gwai sic) positions of the Seven Golden Passages (Chut gum muen) are, in fact, great exercise, as well as one of the primary exercises for building leg and core endurance in Hung ga. These are "widowmaker" external qi gong positions, because noobs gas out attempting them by the 30 second mark. With regular conditioning, you can endure these positions for 3,5, or even 10 minutes. Mark my words, the stamina required to go several minutes in this type of deep squat is significant.

    You could not have done anything more ironic than pulling in an actual Iron Body technique.

    Oh you thought Iron body is all about hitting things? Shows what you know but hey, its YMAS.

    This is where idiots like you spout off about the Central Nervous System and what little you know about arts outside your own.
    It's not a squat and it's definetly not a deep squat. Bro, do you even lift?

    If you are ever in London message me and we can arrange a friendly meet up/ training session. That being said i'm out of action for the next 6 months due to surgery.
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,893

    Posted On:
    3/09/2014 12:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    It's not a squat and it's definetly not a deep squat. Bro, do you even lift?
    Why are you comparing it to weighted lifting squats? (right?)

    This thread is about IRON SHIRT SKILLS (tid bo sahm). And there are a million ways to squat, bro. Do you even Hindu squat, bro?

    THIS one is a type of difficult, deep squat, just not one you're familiar with. Since you have zero experience at this sort of squat and you've never done this sort of training, why are you commenting on it? Oh right, you lift, so you know everything about squatting.

    And I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread lifts weights, but nice red herring.

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisRight? View Post
    If you are ever in London message me and we can arrange a friendly meet up/ training session. That being said i'm out of action for the next 6 months due to surgery.
    That's be a blast. That's too bad about your surgery...is it affecting your lifting?

    I can recommend some lighter Iron Body qigong to help your post-surgery recovery, if you like. Don't attempt the Golden Tortoise though, it will break most people in half.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.