Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/03/2014 2:28am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make sure you get lots of sparring videos.

Despite not making it to a throwdown in the last 6 years and probably I wouldn't of made the effort if I was free. I will be in Poland that weekend.

Tonuzaba, I'll hit you up when I make it out to Bratislava, maybe in the next year or two.
    Last edited by Plasma; 8/03/2014 2:34am at .

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/03/2014 3:04am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video will be made. :)

It will be my pleasure to meet and roll with you (and discuss blades and maybe go to a shooting range, whatnot), anytime. Do let me know.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    8/03/2014 5:07am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonuzaba, I won't be able to make the Throwdown as I've got a crazy year but I'm looking for somewhere near the UK where I can get some firearms time and having a local guide for advice (and beers) would be great.

Would you mind if I contacted you further down the line for some more info about that?
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/03/2014 7:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Absolutely no problem. Just let me know about your plans (like budget, location, etc.) and I'll do my best to be of help. Feel free to write here or PM me anytime.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    8/03/2014 10:35am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome mate thanks, I'll on you nearer the time!
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 4:35am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Starting to make some plans, Tonu, some questions:

1. How's the public transport in Bratislava? I don't drive
    2. Any recommendations on a good place to stay near the venue? Cheap as possible, just a bed and a shower will do.
    3. I might need a letter of invitation for the stupid Schengen Visa, would you be willing to write one?

Also definitely up for some firearms stuff if there's an opportunity, its been many years since I've fired a rifle and I've never used a handgun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 4:43am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Starting to make some plans, Tonu, some questions:

1. How's the public transport in Bratislava? I don't drive
    2. Any recommendations on a good place to stay near the venue? Cheap as possible, just a bed and a shower will do.
    3. I might need a letter of invitation for the stupid Schengen Visa, would you be willing to write one?

Also definitely up for some firearms stuff if there's an opportunity, its been many years since I've fired a rifle and I've never used a handgun.
    These questions (aside from the last one) are also relevant for me.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 6:18am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fuzzy (and ghost55),

public transport is far from being as rich and precise as the one you are used to from London, but it works, given the smallness of the city.

Also, I plan to devote my time on that day to you guys, which means it's no problem to pick you up and drive you somewhere. (Up to 4 people at a time and no, I won't be the designated driver for a drinking night... :) )

We have quite a lot of nice new and affordable places to stay, check out for example "Freddie next to Mercury", ran by friends of my GF:

http://www.freddie.sk/index.php

It's close to the city center and therefore has a nice public transport connection to virtually everywhere.

The venue will probably be our gym, at Znievska 1 (http://www.gym1.sk/) in Petrzalka, unless for some reason it cannot be, about which I will keep you guys informed.

You can also try booking.com for a few other options and user feedback (I don't really know most places, given that I don't stay there... :) ). There are several botels for example, so you can sleep on water if you like. And of course the range goes up to 5 star designer hotels in the historical town center (I know it's not what you asked, just stating. :) )

As for the letter of invitation, no problem, PM me with the details needed and we'll sort it out.

I myself still have no carry permit, so I will ask my friends who do and reserve a shooting range for an hour or two so you guys can have your fun with a range of weapons starting from pistols and up to an AK47. :)

Do you guys plan to stay for the weekend? Let me know, if so, we can make some plans for either Friday night or Sunday during the day, too.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

" - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 6:24am

Style: Shoo Sheetzoo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In addition to Fuzzy's first two questions, I was wondering what the odds for a Slovakian pub crawl while I'm there are; if I understand things correctly, the legal age of drinking is 18 there just like it is in Sweden, which I will have narrowly turned in time for the TD.

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 6:31am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks dude.

I'll contact you a little bit closer to the time when I've confirmed I can afford it all, but its looking like I'll be able to make it, even if I have to leave the wife at home.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast