Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    587
    Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    You're Swedish, don't you people flat pack?
    Pff. It's longboat or nothing, sister, and my Karve is in the shop.

    By the way, I second Mackan's interest in getting hit with sticks.
    Last edited by Hadzu; 3/06/2014 12:37pm at .

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Style
    Grappling
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzu View Post
    By the way, I second Mackan's interest in getting hit with sticks.
    "Oh this is a weapon now? We call this 'Sauna' in Swedish... Or 'Foreplay'"

    For real though - it does not have to be all Dog Brothers for me, but it IS cool to fool around with sticks and what not. (I think that rubber knives have been mentioned...) If nothing else, it is a change to the combat cuddling.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    587
    Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    "Oh this is a weapon now? We call this 'Sauna' in Swedish... Or 'Foreplay'"

    For real though - it does not have to be all Dog Brothers for me, but it IS cool to fool around with sticks and what not. (I think that rubber knives have been mentioned...) If nothing else, it is a change to the combat cuddling.
    Oh, most def. I saw a video of my uncle doing Kali a while back, and it looked pretty awesome; I haven't gotten to hit anyone with a stick since second grade!

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Style
    Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... Oct 11 is the only suggestion I have read, so far. A cool date? I wanna book this early / cheap.

    So... Oct 11 is the only suggestion I have read, so far. A cool date? I wanna book this early / cheap.

  5. #15
    Tonuzaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,626
    Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, so far you're the only one who suggested a specific date... :)

    I have no problem with it. It might pretty well be the finest Euro Mega TD date for this year.

    The only thing I can't tell for sure right now is whether something won't come into it. By "something" I mean a BJJ Slovakia grappling tournament or a Nick Brooks seminar. Or life. :)

    So far, October 11.

    Now, for that thing needed to have a TD, what's it called... ...ah, people!

    So who besides Mackan, Resonance10, Fuzzy and Katje, Hadzu and myself? :)

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

  6. #16
    Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sanctuary of Pallas Athena (Belgium)
    Posts
    2,680
    Style
    Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Around that period I should be in Tjechië, so I can throw my gi, boxing gloves and my canne in the car and drive a little bit further ;-)

    Around that period I should be in Tjechië, so I can throw my gi, boxing gloves and my canne in the car and drive a little bit further ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

  7. #17
    Tonuzaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,626
    Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    Around that period I should be in Tjechië, so I can throw my gi, boxing gloves and my canne in the car and drive a little bit further ;-)
    Perfect,


    it would be great to host the former host of the Mega... Hope you'll make it and we meet again... :)

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    645
    Style
    Escrima n00b
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mackan, the looks on my friend's faces when I told them I'm going to Slovakia to stick fight a blind Swedish guy from the internet was priceless!

    Seriously though, am really looking forward to it.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    251
    Style
    Grappling
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    Mackan, the looks on my friend's faces when I told them I'm going to Slovakia to stick fight a blind Swedish guy from the internet was priceless!

    Seriously though, am really looking forward to it.
    I am also looking forward to it. I guess. (I mean - to be totally honest for just a second - I still find it scary as hell to fight blind. And I haven't done any real weapon stuff since I lost eye-sight. But I think that it is good for me to do it.)

    I am smiling, though, as I read this. It IS kinda cool.

    EDIT: How MY post-TD-conversation will be like...

    "So, Mackan, what was that thing about you going to Slovakia this last week end?"
    "Well... I went there to beat up this random chick from the Internets..."
    "BEAT UP A... ?!!!"
    "Yeah. With a stick."
    "..."
    "So... can we go back to the planning of the Sunday School now?"

    Yeah. I work as a pastor...
    Last edited by Mackan; 3/25/2014 5:00pm at .

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    645
    Style
    Escrima n00b
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    I am also looking forward to it. I guess. (I mean - to be totally honest for just a second - I still find it scary as hell to fight blind. And I haven't done any real weapon stuff since I lost eye-sight. But I think that it is good for me to do it.)

    I am smiling, though, as I read this. It IS kinda cool.

    EDIT: How MY post-TD-conversation will be like...

    "So, Mackan, what was that thing about you going to Slovakia this last week end?"
    "Well... I went there to beat up this random chick from the Internets..."
    "BEAT UP A... ?!!!"
    "Yeah. With a stick."
    "..."
    "So... can we go back to the planning of the Sunday School now?"

    Yeah. I work as a pastor...
    Well, I'm overweight and suffer from chronic fatigue, so you should be able to tell where I am quite easily! Especially since after a few minutes or so of fighting in full armour I gas out and stand there with my opponent banging on my helmet until I get my breath back.

    Fuzzy will be able to give you a proper fight if you'd like one. I'll be the warm up girl (I was going to say "fluffer" but what with you being a holy man and all....) and we can go toe-to-toe at whatever speed & contact level you're comfortable with and have a good laugh.

    EDIT: MY post TD conversation:

    "So Kat, how was that thing in Slovakia?"
    "Great! A blind Swedish guy from the internet beat me up"
    "BEAT...?"
    "Yeah. With a stick."
    "...."
    "So, is there any overtime this week?"

    I work in a call centre.
    Last edited by Katje; 3/25/2014 5:37pm at .

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO