"Kung Fu Quest"
I came across a user on youtube that uploaded 10 episodes of a Chinese-language martial arts show called "Kung Fu Quest." After watching a few episodes I thought it might be worth sharing. I did not find this posted anywhere else in the forums. It is subtitled. Since this is my 5th post ever, I can't post a link just yet, but searching for Kung Fu Quest on the youtubes will bring it up.
*The show covers a variety of traditional Chinese martial arts. Wudang, Xing Yi Quan, Tai Chi, Ba Ji Quan, etc
* A look at training for Sanda, Sanshou, is covered in many episodes
* You get to some actual fighting in each episode
* History is is a cool topic, just accept this.
* There is a _ing _hun episode
* Some of the Sifus get a bit mystical bs-y at times
* They occasional interview the foreign students and these segments are painful to watch
* Done in a format loosely similar to Fight Quest (but is more tolerable to watch IMHO)
The Chun episode almost made me flip a table. I almost died laughing once it got to the "tactical wing chun" guy. That being said, the Preying Mantis and Hung Kuen episodes are fantastic (and made me wish there was a person near me that taught one of those styles.
Originally Posted by flow motion
That's the first result when using the search function.