Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,815
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Travis Stevens USA - Gold at Dusseldorf Grand Prix 2014

    Title says it all... Congrats to Travis !

    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  2. #2
    1point2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,352
    Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hooray for new pro-newaza rules!

  3. #3
    Cake of Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    surrey, UK
    Posts
    979
    Style
    Holiday Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a great match; they were really going for it!

    Big well done to Travis for his gold and a nice ending.
    Train hard, fight easy.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    115
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes Ben pretty cool. We were watching it live Saturday on three smart phones during the officials meeting at a local tournament. I like the last line " and Travis Stevens silences the Dusseldorf crowd"

  5. #5
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,815
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoratt View Post
    Yes Ben pretty cool. We were watching it live Saturday on three smart phones during the officials meeting at a local tournament. I like the last line " and Travis Stevens silences the Dusseldorf crowd"
    Yep, that was a great line...

    I'm glad to see that Travis is still in the mix.

    Come around more and correct my kumi kata musing, dammit ! It's hard to explain that stuff...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Hooray for new pro-newaza rules!
    Yeah, it's shaping up that continuous action outside can keep going. Get pinned, escape and repin/choke/armbar all outside.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    22
    Style
    Judo, jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if he can win a major int'l tournament with osae-komi, I guess I'm not gonna feel too cheated when I win with one instead of a throw.....definitely happier with the new ne-waza rules.

  7. #7
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    9,815
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judo Terrier View Post
    Well, if he can win a major int'l tournament with osae-komi, I guess I'm not gonna feel too cheated when I win with one instead of a throw.....definitely happier with the new ne-waza rules.
    I certainly never felt cheated when I won by osaekomi. In fact, holding someone for 30 seconds (back then) felt pretty damned good. Probably even more potentially humiliating to uke than getting tossed for ippon.

    BTW, that's not the only match he won with osaekomi.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    22
    Style
    Judo, jujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I certainly never felt cheated when I won by osaekomi. In fact, holding someone for 30 seconds (back then) felt pretty damned good. Probably even more potentially humiliating to uke than getting tossed for ippon.

    BTW, that's not the only match he won with osaekomi.
    "Cheated" probably wasn't the right word. That 20 (or 25, or 30) is freaking eternity, whether you're on the top or the bottom. I was happy with those wins. It's just not quite the same rush as throwing someone.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    115
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I certainly never felt cheated when I won by osaekomi. In fact, holding someone for 30 seconds (back then) felt pretty damned good. Probably even more potentially humiliating to uke than getting tossed for ippon.

    BTW, that's not the only match he won with osaekomi.

    He also has a supper ippon win with a hybrid ogoshi maybe you can post it.

  10. #10
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    5,102
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess he's here right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO