Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 6:00am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    If you spit on a police man in the UK you can get done for assaulting a police officer

God knows what diseases the fucker might have had. did any gob hit you?
    Not just against the old bill; spitting at someone falls under the umbrella of common assault. Probably get a bigger fine for being caught spitting on the street though.

When a cab driver tries to over charge me, I explain that every other driver has charged me X amount for the same journey. This usually gets me the correct charge.

There has only been one occasion where it's come to "take the going rate, or you get nothing" and straight after I called the cab office to explain the situation, just in case.

We do have to be careful with the Self Defense aspect in the UK; the law is not our friend.

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 11:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone puts their hands on me with I'll intentions it's going to be a bad day. Spit at me it will probably be worse. Pull a weapon and I will turn your birthdays off.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    If someone puts their hands on me with I'll intentions it's going to be a bad day. Spit at me it will probably be worse. Pull a weapon and I will turn your birthdays off.
    Aah, we have the same use-of-force continuum.
    Turn off your birthdays; I will use this phrase when appropriate.

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 3:53pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Aah, we have the same use-of-force continuum.
    Turn off your birthdays; I will use this phrase when appropriate.
    Yes. No more cake and ice cream for them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 6:55pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the sensible thing to do would be to just turn and walk away. Preserve your good name, reputation and clean criminal record; some ****-rat doing **** rat things definitely isn't worth it.

That's the sensible thing. Personally, I would go full-on PTSD apeshit and give Fucko the Clown an asphalt facelift. I know it's stupid, but I can almost guarantee that's how I would react to getting spit on.

I once got in a fist-fight with a wood-pile, for ****'s sake. Something is wrong with me.

I'm stealing "Turn your birthdays off", btw. Thanks for that. My favourite threat is one I overheard from one of the guys in my regiment; "Hey, buds. **** off or I'll open your face like a bag of chips."

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 7:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Western Boxing, teH b0Oj.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you responded appropriatly in the situation OP.

The normal response I've given to grabs or shoves is a quick hook to the ribs or tricep. I know its boring, but we Aussies must be a bit laid back.

Sent from the Astral Deeps.

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 9:51pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet View Post
    I believe the sensible thing to do would be to just turn and walk away. Preserve your good name, reputation and clean criminal record; some ****-rat doing **** rat things definitely isn't worth it.

That's the sensible thing. Personally, I would go full-on PTSD apeshit and give Fucko the Clown an asphalt facelift. I know it's stupid, but I can almost guarantee that's how I would react to getting spit on.

I once got in a fist-fight with a wood-pile, for ****'s sake. Something is wrong with me.

I'm stealing "Turn your birthdays off", btw. Thanks for that. My favourite threat is one I overheard from one of the guys in my regiment; "Hey, buds. **** off or I'll open your face like a bag of chips."
    Bag of chips. Nice. My brother would threaten to turn people's glasses into contacts.

Posted On:
    3/01/2014 10:36pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I draw the line quite far. I'll take some spit to the face before I get into a fight. I don't give in to intimidation, I am committed only to acting if absolutely necessary to protect myself or others especially since I carry concealed. Or at least that's what I tell myself.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/02/2014 2:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I don't consider that intimidation, it is equal to hitting me and calling me a n-word. There isn't just one line, there are levels. There's a ton of **** I will walk away from, that isn't one of them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2014 3:26am

Style: Judo N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    That turn off your birthdays line is gold.

But yeah if somebody pulls a weapon I'd take the assumption they intend to go as far as killing me, and I don't see how any court could think differently.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Bullshido - No BS MMA mobile app
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123