I will. You should be used to it by now. LOL

nuff said*

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 4:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do. In fact, that's the point of view I have myself. (I expressed this point of view in the previous post too) . How does the aikido way not cut it (granted you have the skill to do such a thing)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 4:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the aikido way does not cut it because as you said:

"Someone attacks, and by maintaining proper body position, you unbalance the attacker, and perform an aikido throw (we'll call it kokyo nage for the sake of discussion). In an ideal fight against a trained agressor, he would be able to fall with very little or no injury. The attacker comes again, and again the same throw is used. This continues ad nauseum.

The message that this sends is "It is pointless to attack, you do not accomplish anything from using force against me" The attacker eventually realizes this, and then attempts to solve the problem by another means. It is in this way that aikido is known as "the peaceful way."

Why let the attacker keep attacking you ad nauseum? If he is attacking you, finish it, your aggressor just threw all other means out the window.

Fighting is not about being peaceful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 5:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The aikido way is more complicated than black and white. There is a lot of grey in it. Ueshiba at his level used to like finishing people too until he grew older and found the "peaceful way". The "peaceful way" has a lot of strategy in it, the more so if you consider "fighting" as a way of defeating men through strategy.

nuff said*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 5:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    strategy can be used in any form of fighting. I'm not saying you have to hurt the guy, at least get him in a hold or choke where he can't hurt you.....but don't just redirect him so he can keep attacking you, forcing you to keep defending yourself over and over again, that just is not logical.

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 5:28am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's logical to use the minimum force necessary to end an encounter. You're right about holds(Aikido has a number of good pins), but if there are multiple attackers, a hold won't work well.

You see, the point of aikido is to find the way of least conflict/violence. If every time the man attacks, you blend and redirect him, the man will realize that force is not a good way to solve whatever conflict is present (since the use of force yeilds no result).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 6:50am

Style: chen taiji, xing yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    true man. there was this camel in my local zoo. he was a bad mother fucker. nobody went near him.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 7:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >what did I avoid? perhaps if you could construct a grammatically correct sentence I could respond

Then why don't you correct it. I know it is not perfect but funny how other portugesse speakers at least get what it means. So stop BSing and respond.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would Asia, but:

você não são digno

Titan

Posted On:
    12/06/2002 4:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to agree with Mr blow job.

If someone is willing to attack you you NEED to attack first, defending is a one way ticket to second place.

"Blood sugar suckerfish is my dish.
    How many pieces do you wish ?"
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast