Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,301
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    Well one thing is for sure: his girlfriend knows what not to do with a gun.
    Alas, though it was an effective demonstration, he cannot repeat it.

  2. #12
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,344
    8
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, I was taught to always remove the magazine, lock the slide back, visually inspect the chamber by peering into the breech (no looking down the barrel!) and then, after releasing the slide, point the weapon toward the earth away from all people (avoid concrete and steel floors) and then press the trigger.

    But hey, his way seems so much easier.

  3. #13
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,301
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Hmm, I was taught to always remove the magazine, lock the slide back, visually inspect the chamber by peering into the breech (no looking down the barrel!) and then, after releasing the slide, point the weapon toward the earth away from all people (avoid concrete and steel floors) and then press the trigger.

    But hey, his way seems so much easier.
    Yes, and it greatly lessens the likelihood of a ricochet.

  4. #14
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,486
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    red asphalt but for gun owners, I like it.

    Also maybe gun safes should come with breathalyzers.
    \

    They still showing that movie to the kids in school? Damn, it was old in 76.

    wiki reference-

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Asphalt

    I'm with CapnMunchh. If there had been video, it would have had far more impact than the one of the LEO shooting himself in the leg when lecturing the teenagers in school. Sad though, on both accounts.

    For the few who haven't seen it already......


  5. #15
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,301
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    it would have had far more impact than the one of the LEO shooting himself in the leg when lecturing the teenagers in school.
    This video always brings a tear to my eye. I'd be a lot more likely to feel sorry for this guy if it weren't for his attitude and statement, prior to shooting himself. He actually had the balls to sue his agency for releasing this video. According to the suit, it caused permanent harm to his reputation and career. What a tool.

  6. #16
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn supporting member
    XXIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mount Olive, NJ
    Posts
    544
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously... in our hunter course we had to say "Always treat a firearm as if it were loaded" a million times. They gave the kids in the group wooden rifles and made them hold them and carry them properly. Not fucking rocket science.

    How could anyone possibly think that sort of 'demonstration' is a good idea?

  7. #17
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    He actually had the balls to sue his agency for releasing this video..
    Bwahahahahaha, Jackass.

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...uring-gun-demo
    A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit brought by the DEA agent who shot himself in the leg during a gun safety demonstration and later became a punch line when video of the incident surfaced online and was widely broadcast on TV.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    252
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    Seriously... in our hunter course we had to say "Always treat a firearm as if it were loaded" a million times. They gave the kids in the group wooden rifles and made them hold them and carry them properly. Not fucking rocket science.

    How could anyone possibly think that sort of 'demonstration' is a good idea?
    For real. This is day one Boy Scout stuff. That guy was a special kind of stupid from the start.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    This video always brings a tear to my eye. I'd be a lot more likely to feel sorry for this guy if it weren't for his attitude and statement, prior to shooting himself. He actually had the balls to sue his agency for releasing this video. According to the suit, it caused permanent harm to his reputation and career. What a tool.
    Under the circumstances, it is actually odd that his Agency released the video. I guess they agreed that a gun safety demonstration in which the gun expert shoots himself makes for a good training video. Do you know who they released it to? I'm assuming his DEA friends didnt post it on YT.

    Gotta give the man some credit for sucking up the pain and the shock, putting on a game face, and trying to incorporate shooting himself into the lecture almost like he planned it that way. The video may have damaged his reputation as a firearms expert, but, on the bright side, it probably enhanced his reputation as a tough mofo.

  10. #20
    Mr. Machette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,237
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    Seriously... in our hunter course we had to say "Always treat a firearm as if it were loaded" a million times. They gave the kids in the group wooden rifles and made them hold them and carry them properly. Not fucking rocket science.

    How could anyone possibly think that sort of 'demonstration' is a good idea?
    FuggifIknow, man.

    The guy unsafed his "safety demo" by violating the first and most important rule of "gun safety" (don't point it at anything you don't want to destroy).

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO