Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 1:32am

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A .22 short pistol

I need some help/knowledge ? I am trying to a pistol in .22short. Be it a wheelgun or semiauto. Can anyone point me in the right direction?I want to use .22 subsonics shorts for snakes at my new place. Thank You Joe

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 11:06pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to recommend the Ruger New Model Single Six. Cool, solid gun that you can pass on to your kids and grandkids.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A bit pricy, but I've owned the Thompson Contender with numerous calibers. .22 is available and also .410, a good snake charmer, albeit not subsonic.

A big stick makes little noise (-:

Joe,

Are the snakes for human consumption or just don't want to disturb the neighbors? Good lean meat my friend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 7:40pm

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devil,I have two Rugers. A bearcat and a Single Six, both come with .22 mag cylinders. I will recheck my books maybe I overlooked it. H. Joe If I have to go the T/C route. The price will become smaller when you can 1 frame for 6 barrels. Thanks Guys Joe

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2014 3:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .22 Short is a variety of .22 caliber (5.6 mm) rimfire ammunition. Developed in 1857 for the first Smith and Wesson revolver, the .22 rimfire was the first American metallic cartridge.[2]

The original loading was a 29 grain (1.88 g) or 30 grain (1.94 g) bullet and 4 grains (260 mg) of black powder. The original .22 rimfire cartridge became designated the .22 Short with the introduction of the .22 Long cartridge in 1871.