Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2014 7:05pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    Mr. HB -- Yeah basically what blackmonk said, you want to be a little away from your opponent and leaning into them a bit. If you are too close your weight will be on top of them and the rib cage will hold the weight better, also the chance of being rolled increases. Pressure should be on the lower ribs coming in slightly from the side, from their pull their shoulders back in toward you (hugging them) will apply the rest of the pressure... and then relax and let them suffer ;)
    Haha alright cool. I'll try to work on that on tuesday.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2014 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, scarf is not my strongest pin. Cross-body side is my best. I could go into all kinds of details about the thoracic vertebrae, diaphragm, and hepatic compression if it was side.

Still working on making my scarf/kesa a more viable pin. My training partners are murderers with it, though.

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    3/16/2014 12:23am

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, getting your own hips too close will lead to disaster. I get pressure on the "floating ribs" and bring them to me as I go to them. It is a dynamic hold that can place the bottom man under a lot of pressure.

No matter if your sport has pinning or not, hypoxia makes cowards of everyone. I like the position as it gives me viable threat no matter where I am at. I go from cross-body, scarf, four corner, reverse scarf, etc. without every giving the man back space to breath.

Overall this is an underused position, that warrants in depth study. Systematically work it for several years and it will click in.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12