Posted On:
    5/07/2004 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ronin69
    You REALLY don't know me at all.

I have issuse with people using stupid titles with NO reason or justification.

If you don't understand that...

In ANY Japanese system SENSEI is MORE than adequate.
    And Sensei goes a bit to far IMO.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking ninjas.

I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    5/07/2004 7:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd have to say any Bujinkan "shidoshi" that doesn't train their students in full contact sparring is BULLSHIDO and runs a total McDojo.

I'd also bet that that statement applies to more than 95% of Bujinkan "Shidoshi".

As such, ninjas are t3h GH3Y!!1!!!1
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 2:34am

Style: Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ronin69
    Buddy, LONG before the idea of the bujinkan was itching Hatsumi's tabi's,
    systems like the Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto ryu taught ninjutsu ( to name only one).

What I am saying is that, for the Bujinkan to regain some of its credibility, it needs a serious overhaul.
    And if you can't start with something so irrelevant as a title...

Name them all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 2:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by GajusCaesar
    I'd have to say any Bujinkan "shidoshi" that doesn't train their students in full contact sparring is BULLSHIDO and runs a total McDojo.

I'd also bet that that statement applies to more than 95% of Bujinkan "Shidoshi".

Did you study in the Bujinkan?

What is your definition of McDojo?

What do you consider training your students in full contact sparring? Do you mean actual full contact sparring?

Why haven't any of your bujinkan horror stories been posted on this thread?

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by GajusCaesar
    No they're not!! They're Mechanized Attack Squad!!
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 3:29am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now now, Deluxe and Gajus "pwn ninjas." Don't burst their bubble, they might start shooting the other kids in their school.

There seems to be a trend that Bujinkan dojos advertising the instruction of "ninjutsu" tend to be the worst, and those stating they teach "budo taijutsu" are on the better end of the spectrum. There are exceptions to both of course, but this is often the case.

I really don't understand the arguement over the choice of titles. Is it archaic because it is in Japanese? Should the Japanese be using English titles now? When referring to a shidoshi, most Buj members do simply refer to "So-and-so sensei" regardless of rank.

Greese1, you know that sensei just refers to someone who has "gone before." You call your math teacher sensei.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 3:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are the posts of the people who have been there and wish to critisize? Are the people who talk crap about the bujinkan full of more bullshido than the bujinkan itself?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 3:58am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Katana probably has something to say, but he's made it clear he would rather not reveal any names or locations in the interest of "semi-anonymity." Hannibal seems to be a similar case. A lot of opinion is based on various books and videos, and maybe some short interaction with a well-advertised (read: commercial) dojo. Inevitably someone will invoke the powers of a now non-existent koryu.com article and the unshakable testimony of Alex Mordine.

I would rather see specific places of training criticized rather than the whole organization. Often times a group of schools can be traced to a particular shihan who propogates his or her own training philosophies. It seems that Kevin Schnieder's end up pretty level-headed and forthcoming at least. The teachers that I've heard the best things about usually have a very low profile... there is a LOT more out there than most people encounter through casual research.

It sounds like Robert Sanchez really pushes hard-core training and is both an outstanding fighter and teacher. My instructor has brought back a lot from training with him, I'd love to make it out there myself. I've seen Larry Turner once when he attended a seminar with Kevin, amazing to watch but too subtly for me to glean anything at the time (quiet guy too). I've tried looking up all three of these online and have only found passing references.

"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    5/08/2004 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The above poster is a ninja, why else would he care that ninjas get pwned by myself and gajus? The fact of the matter is that ninjitsu ( Bujinkan,taijutsu, whatever the hell you want to call it) has been repeatedly disscussed on these forums. It is common belief here that it is a load of horseshit. Only the ninjas themselves try to defend it (usually right before getting thier mouths smacked shut)

TheGodDamnMan,
    If you were not such a fucking joke, and not a ninja mechanized attack squader, you would have simply used the handy dandy search feature on our wonderful forum and sought all the ninja "talks" your shinobi / power ranger wreaked mind could hope to digest in one swallow.
    I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast