Stillness is death

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 6:28pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Playing with this variation today: The K Train

Enjoy. A new toy I am playing with.

One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 9:29pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, I've never seen anyone try soto makikomi from having their back taken. I'm going to toy with this at the next wrestling class.

Besides getting under tori center of gravity, what are some concepts you employ when doing this live?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 2:13pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Steve, almost like a Tai Otoshi entry. I especially like the Kneebar Transition.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will be trying this today in both wrestling practice and catchdo sambjitsu class.

Are you tweaking up on that elbow to get movement when going live? What are you feeling for when you make your entrance into this?

I will report back with more questions and how each rule set reacted
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went through a few months where I went for this all the time.

I didn't seek any movement from uke, or tweak the elbow... Just made sure their arm was securely fastened to my body, and then the dropping action causes the kuzushi/balance-breaking. I was doing it Vlad-style, though, where I maintained wrist control and threw the overhook out in an arc, like I was throwing a baseball. Then rolled through like a forward roll or breakfall. Can definitely be done with or without the jacket.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 10:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This worked great with submissions and I failed horribly with it in pure wrestling, though I was close to a peterson a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    2/18/2014 12:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quick reply because it is late (so tired, just got back from the gym).

I tweak the elbow like that to get a bit of shoulder torque going on. I always do that just to cause more discomfort on the guy's grip. But, like blackmonk said, I am not looking for too much movement from him. The power of this takedown comes from the sudden drop (body vs limb always wins). Though I do find that if he is focused on controlling me (as if he thinks I will break his grip), the drop is all the more powerful and surprising when you suddenly hit the throw.

The kneebar transition is newer for me. I discovered that while playing around with the throw the other night. It seems to be working nicely for me so far. The kneebar really flows from there.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2014 10:10am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

There's an example of this throw at 2:28 and 3:05, if I remember right, that shows what it looks like in the manner that I do it... Really not that far divorced from Steve's original video, and it definitely does not require a jacket.

Posted On:
    2/18/2014 3:20pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few notes from practice today:

-Hitting this as soon as tori takes uke back seems to be the best. If I spent time trying to break the grip and stay below tori center of gravity so as not to be thrown, tori would just fall into back mount.

-If tori breaks their grip on the fall, there is an armbar. It is also extremely hard to get your back taken from this position if uke shoulder is on the mat.

-I caught a friggin' sweet double kneebar with this lol.

-If uke can't get the armbar or kneebar, this is a great chance to transition to side control and the north/south choke in a fairly fluid motion.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    2/19/2014 11:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmonk View Post

There's an example of this throw at 2:28 and 3:05, if I remember right, that shows what it looks like in the manner that I do it... Really not that far divorced from Steve's original video, and it definitely does not require a jacket.
    For sure. MakkiKomi

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    A few notes from practice today:

-Hitting this as soon as tori takes uke back seems to be the best. If I spent time trying to break the grip and stay below tori center of gravity so as not to be thrown, tori would just fall into back mount.

-If tori breaks their grip on the fall, there is an armbar. It is also extremely hard to get your back taken from this position if uke shoulder is on the mat.

-I caught a friggin' sweet double kneebar with this lol.

-If uke can't get the armbar or kneebar, this is a great chance to transition to side control and the north/south choke in a fairly fluid motion.
    Glad it is working out for you!