Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2014 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just here to clear a few things up

Hi, thank you for approving my membership to your forum. I've been reading this site for a while, and although I find it amusing, there seems to be a lot of misconceptions being spouted here that I really feel compelled to correct. I believe many members here will find this thread enlightening because I've never seen this insight posted here before.

Now, most everybody here seems to think that UFC and BJJ are the be-all-end-all of martial arts. According to Bullshido, traditional martial arts like Wing Chun and Systema were rendered obsolete the day Royce Gracie "proved ground-fighting's superiority" in UFC 1. The reality is, however, that UFC and Gracie ju-jutsu are in fact merely SPORTS with RULES. They're not designed to be used in the context of a real street fight or battle situation. Ancient fighting styles such as Taekwondo and Aikido, although lacking a presence in UFC, have been used effectively on the battlefield for centuries. Can you deny a track record like that just because grappling has been effective in a SPORT context? Going for submissions and pulling mount are not relevant skills in a real fight that takes place outside the ring. I'm sorry, but that's the cold truth.

I'll elaborate. Eye-gouging, pressure points, bone breaking, and elbow strikes are all banned from BJJ and UFC. Doesn't that seem to severely shift the odds in favor of the grappler to you? Just imagine how much better traditional strikers would do in BJJ competition if all those techniques were allowed. The ubiquitously feared "ground-and-pound" strategy would be rendered laughably useless if a TMA fighter was allowed to simply just reach up and break the neck or pluck an eye out. Check these out:

^ Easy fix for the ninja if this was a bar fight. From 1:50-1:55 the kickboxer's eyes were totally exposed for a thumb jab.

^ At 0:30, the guy in the yellow trunks gets a hold of the beaner's head. If this was a no-holds-barred fight he could've used that to break his neck.

^ Same thing here. If there were no rules, the kung-fu guy could've snapped the dude's neck at 1:10 or gouged his eyes out at 1:50 onwards.

^ Probably the best example of why grappling is just intrinsically useless in a real fight. No soft mats in the street to break your fall when you hit the ground.

Sport fighters spend most of their time training not to break the rules and expect their opponents to do the same. Sport fighting is about looking cool and scoring points, not developing real effective technique. It's fine if you like that, but you must understand that there's a difference between sport and street. Traditional street martial arts are about using survival and lethal tactics. Just for perspective, I'm a camo sash in Aikido and have been privately instructed in ninjutsu by an authentic instructor in the basement of a Chinese restaurant for the past several years. I've been putting these skills to use every night as a bouncer in one of the most rough-and-tumble bars in Brick Township, New Jersey, and as of today I have six justifiable homicides to my name. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

Discuss.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/15/2014 11:37pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish we could go back to the old days before martial arts were watered down by extreme fighting.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 12:03am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call bs on the camo sash in aikido.

Everything else sounds spot on to my experiences as bouncer for the local trampoline park.

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 12:07am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing fundimentally changes when having to cope with the added techniques of kick boxing. It changes again when you add smaller gloves. Again it needed to adapt with the inclusion of wrestling and a different environment of the cage.

Fighting outside the cage or the ring is a different environment again. And so self defence needs to change to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post

Everything else sounds spot on to my experiences as bouncer for the local trampoline park.
    "You know the difference between you and this trampoline?"

"I take my shoes off to jump on the trampoline"

That's a line you could use that.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 9:31am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing fundimentally changes when having to cope with the added techniques of kick boxing. It changes again when you add smaller gloves. Again it needed to adapt with the inclusion of wrestling and a different environment of the cage.

Fighting outside the cage or the ring is a different environment again. And so self defence needs to change to reflect that.
    Boxing doesn't work on the street. They have no legs. One quick snap kick to the solar plexis and it's all over.

I sometimes read arguments between people trying to decide who would win in a fight between real martial artists like Bruce Lee and SPORT boxers like Mike Tyson and Dwight Muhammad Qawi. That's just... Laughable. Kicks are better than punches. I can't even beat the teenage girls in my ninjutsu class when my master tells me not to use my feet.

As to who would win in a fight, I think this is the most logical and concise answer you'll find:

http://oelie.antville.org/stories/1460997/

you guys are dumb. in game of death, do you know the huge black guy, that did kick. and had a leg reach of 7 feet. and bruce did infact beat him in the movie, and also in a sparring match in real life. his name was kareem abdul jabar. they named a type of steel after that guy. and ppl say that if he was a boxer he would quickly beat mike tyson. and mike wouldnt be tall enough to bite his ear off, lol. so theres your answere, bruce beat a guy that can beat mike tyson, and he beat him in real life too. bruce also did boxing. bruce would do 9 punches in 1 second, there were times when he was really energetic, like super energetic, where he can do 10 per second. he aslo can do the 1 hit knock out punch, that only the biggest boxer can do at times. so theres your answere, bruce would win.
    This too:

First of all boxing isnt that good. All u people out there always saying that boxers have stamina, so do martial artists. They dont sit there thowing their punches as slow as possible, they practice on their speed also. Im in Martial Arts, and ive seen boxers challenge the teachers....trust me, boxers stand no chance. Go do urself favors and get books on Bruce Lee and read em. Bruce would destroy Ali.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 10:11am

Style: Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!

damn straight, imagine a BJJ guy seeing a stance like this, fights over before it begins, and the ultimate no can defense traditional Kung Fu haymaker to finish!

p.s. just to clear it up, I think the other guy is a gangster because he is black

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 10:33am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    A true master of Kung Fu would have dissolved the conflict without fighting. One thing that separates TMAs from sports is that traditional styles teach you respect and maturity. Something those ****** fucking ghetto gangbangers need to learn.

I'm glad I learned how to be so humble from my TMA instruction. It enables me to look in the mirror every morning and know I'm a peg or two above sport fighters and ghetto thugs. Not just a better warrior, but a better person.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 2/16/2014 10:40am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 10:41am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I reported you to the mods. Please keep the conversation civil, fuckface.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 10:54am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, everything they say about Bullshido is true. I've been here for a day and you people have done nothing but diss me and trash my lineage. It's disgusting. I've trained for over FIVE YEARS, how many of you here have stuck to ANYTHING that long? Don't answer that question. I'm just making a point.

I'm seriously considering leaving this site altogether.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    "You know the difference between you and this trampoline?"

"I take my shoes off to jump on the trampoline"

That's a line you could use that.
    They used to call trampolines "jumpolines," until somebody saw your mother on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast