Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 1:37pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klutz View Post
    Whatever happened to Real Ultimate Power, with Ninjas being AWESOME!!!!! ... ?

First red flag: video clip of the guy surrounded by hot young chix in Spandex, arching their backs so their chests present themselves and their butts look enticingly available, like a female chimp in estrus (the way comic book super heroines are drawn, come to think of it).

Second red flag: The lack of martial focus, and his "dead" hands. His mind is elsewhere even when he is demonstrating for the camera.

Seriously, watching that dude's video reminded me of the demos the local krotty schools do at the mall. There's difference between practicing "slow and relaxed" to avoid injury, and being sloppy with your intent and way you carry your body.

Third red flag: And the sword handling was... clumsy. I'm a Big Klutz but even I learned how to handle a sword more facilely than that. He grips the tsuka (hilt) like a hammer.

Won't bother with other red flags (the first one was enuff, IMO).

Sorry, I don't care what his purple-haired teacher does for a living or what rank he was awarded. He acts on the level of game-role playing, if the video and stills are any indication.
    LMAO @ pointing out "red flags" in this totally awesome video about this definitely SUPER real ninja!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 1:53pm

Style: Old School MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewa View Post
    I like this comment about "real weapons"....as opposed to I guess...fake weapons?

"Jake started training as a Bujinkan Ninja in 1989 and still trains every day, using real weapons such as throwing stars, swords, and staffs."
    Lol! Almost anything could be a "real weapon" or at least deadly dangerous if you use it violently. Dan Aykroyd showed us that.

I think the plural for "staff" is "staves," unless the guy's "biographer" was talking about employees.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Geez, the MAP posters defending Hatsumi's dan bonanza are really grasping at straws. Why does he have so many uberdans? Pick one:
    -he's a sneaky ninja and doing so is just more sneaky ninja stuff.

-he's appeasing folks by giving them rankings, like a mom buying a ninja Halloween costume for an annoying brat.

-he's cultivating drones for financial reasons so he can continue to train an elite inner circle in the real ****.

-he's doing it to troll other styles where ranks are hard to get.

I thought this post was on point:
    Quote Originally Posted by PASmith
    One thing that gets me is that this state of affairs is never laid at Hatsumi's door. As if it's either something cheeky he intended to happen or it's down to the bad students becoming bad instructors because they accepted grades Hatsumi gave out to keep them quiet.
    Hatsumi can do no wrong even when his martial arts association is a random crap shoot of quality that you need years of experience to navigate and even then won't even access without moving to Japan (and not even then it seems).
    W.Rabbit, are you Wooden Hare over there?

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    2/21/2014 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    W.Rabbit, are you Wooden Hare over there?
    Yes, that's what the W stands for after all.

I am bathing in ninja orgy glory. 15th dan tabloid ninjas, "anonymous" ninjas living in Japan (or are they??), technical ninjas, ninja apologists, ninja haters, ninja humorists. Almost 1,000 posts in 5 days.

I haven't geeked out like this over ninjas since I bought my first issue of Ninja Magazine.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/21/2014 10:23pm at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 10:37am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The title was a little misleading for me. Here I was hoping our extinction efforts were working and we were down to only 50 left.
    安氏八极拳学生

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 12:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is not a fraud investigation. Just someone that takes his LaRPing very seriously.

Merging with the YMAS thread

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 1:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a ninja character once ..very evil.
    He got his soul imprisoned by the oriental gods for being obstinate.
    Actually, the Dungeon Master just didn't like my character, and that was his way of getting rid of him instead of blatantly killing him off.
    He was a fun character to play. He survived a lot of **** on his own..even got chased by a T-Rex when he was down in the Almeido Jungle. Had to run and scale down a cliff wall to get away.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 3:50pm

Style: xBJJ xTKD ninpo nusubito

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    He's not just a ninjer, he's a NINJA PUA!
    What's a PUA? Pucker Up Asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    He's received the coveted 15th Dan because of his rare achievement, and probably because Hatsumi gets to roll with the chicks too. Given the purple hair tho, its not entirely clear which way Hatsumi's katana swings.
    Hatsumi's sword swings straight down, whacking eejits left and right. If you manage to avoid it, you can teach his art. The material of your teachings is another matter though aka "material? WHAT MATERIAL?".

Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

I am bathing in ninja orgy glory. 15th dan tabloid ninjas, "anonymous" ninjas living in Japan (or are they??), technical ninjas, ninja apologists, ninja haters, ninja humorists. Almost 1,000 posts in 5 days.

I haven't geeked out like this over ninjas since I bought my first issue of Ninja Magazine.
    Oohhhhhhh.., I thought it stands for white. Anyway nice posts over there. Reminds me of plasma's and ke?pofist's.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    What's a PUA? Pucker Up Asshole?
    Let Me Google That for You
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    2/22/2014 5:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Don't worry, you'll always be ED, despite your newfoundwood.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast