Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 12:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see his ninja credit card receipt and Hatsumi's bank account records.

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 7:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    Well, purple is a ninja color. Just ask Ayane.
    Don't make fun of Ayane.

Posted On:
    2/16/2014 7:18pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Science fact. Norris destroys every single ninja he meets in that movie. He whoops Ninjutsu so deftly that he even manages to carry on a stoic, contemplative inner monologue while doing it.

Ass kicking is his quiet place.
    There is more kick-ass in that picture than the universe can handle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 8:43am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    BTW, where's the top 50 list of "True" Ninjas? Surely it's not just being 15th dan (I remember hearing Hatsumi saying that there are more than 200 15th dans in a video a few years ago).
    Couldn't find a top list anywhere but someone compiled a list of fifty eight 15th Dans on Martial Talk back in 2008. I can't quite believe that they'll be less of them now than five years ago.

To be fair to Mr. Sharpstone the reporting was sensationalist and riddled full of inaccuracies but I don't think his promo pic and choice of answers helped his cause.
    Last edited by nointro; 2/17/2014 8:47am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    15th Dan Ninja. An ideal warrior, capable of nearly anything, other than beating a moderately trained amateur fighter. Or any competitive grappler. Or an angry strong guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 2:21pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bujinkan 15th Dan = 3 years of training of Non-Contact Kata + Dodging a Wooden Sword + 10 trips to Japan (usually one a year) after that. So you are looking for around 13 years of playing Ninja Kata for this rank.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 15th dan is a member of MAP and has been weighing in on this epic 300+ post thread. I guess he has some supporters, but also quite a few detractors as well. Life as a ninjer, I guess.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=120168

There is some serious Booj vs. Booj infighting going on now for at least 4 years between these same folks; people taking exception to his rank and some Boojer even claiming "His real skill level is about 2nd kyu." Ouch.

That scuffle led me to his original "Ninja Fitness" thread, where the 15th dan (who was 11th dan in 2011) took part in an even bigger, 500+ post flame war defending his line of Booj-style fitness videos.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...fitness+ryutai
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/17/2014 3:08pm at .

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 5:42pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

There is some serious Booj vs. Booj infighting going on now for at least 4 years between these same folks; people taking exception to his rank and some Boojer even claiming "His real skill level is about 2nd kyu." Ouch.
    There's never been a shortage of Takamatsuden infighting. And Booj infighting has gotten steadily worse over the last ten years. This is all a mere preamble to the horrible Bujinkan meltdown that's coming when Hatsumi shuffles off the mortal coil. I'm not sure we can imagine the number and volume of the cries, "I have the realz ninjutsu" that's coming.

(BTW, everyone knows I've got the Real Ninjutsu. (TM))

I'm going to have to read that thread now...

EDIT: I've read a bit. I see Hannibal is posting, so there's a Bully in the mix. My favorite quote so far is: "Ninjutsu, the only art where the flame wars are more violent than the training."
    Last edited by Styygens; 2/17/2014 6:14pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2014 6:09pm

Style: ex-BJJ, ex-TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nointro View Post
    Couldn't find a top list anywhere but someone compiled a list of fifty eight 15th Dans on Martial Talk back in 2008. I can't quite believe that they'll be less of them now than five years ago.

Quite a time ago, I found a "Gems of the Bujinkan" list. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The 15th dan is a member of MAP and has been weighing in on this epic 300+ post thread. I guess he has some supporters, but also quite a few detractors as well. Life as a ninjer, I guess.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...d.php?t=120168

That scuffle led me to his original "Ninja Fitness" thread, where the 15th dan (who was 11th dan in 2011) took part in an even bigger, 500+ post flame war defending his line of Booj-style fitness videos.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...fitness+ryutai

Thanks rabbit. Reading that fitness thread and noticing: nearly HALF of those posters are BANNED. Cheezuz Crust...

And who's this Please Reality guy? His username sounds like a OXY(gen-sucking)MORON due to the fact that nearly all Hatsumi videos defy reality. I found a copy of a Tai Kai said to be the first ever, held at Yumoa Mura, and it's still the stupid attack.

And a 15th dan calling HIMSELF shihan? They just bandy away the titles now, do they.

Something I've realized after some reading: the instructors can grade up to 4th dan. The very first rank Hatsumi gives out is 5th dan. Thing is, that dan symbolizes that you are eligible to TEACH. And how does Hatsumi test that? You guys probably know the answer.

Asking all BJK'ers: is there any skill test AFTER 5th dan? or is it true that it's awarded each time you visit, just for that? I mean, is there no QUALITY TESTING at all?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2014 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

One Of Only Fifty Living NINJAS ??

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/meet-...233540725.html

So..Sho Kosugi isn't really a ninja ?
    Damn.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast