Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2014 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Road biking blows if you are not going to ride more than 10 miles in one go. 20 preferably. Mountain biking is a lot better for exercise if you have good hills, but you will NOT want to do this with your wrist as it is. I get more bruises from mountain biking than I do from stick fighting. Wipeouts are frequent. Good wipeouts too where you endo the bike.

Here is a good workout for you: Get on a recumbent bike and set the level to a high enough level that you can go at a good cadence but not so low that it is easy. All these bikes are different, so you will just have to find the level for yourself. Go up to where you have to work hard to pedle then back it off a couple levels. Push hard for 10 minutes. Aftter 10 minutes, jump off the bike and do 25 squats. As soon as you are done with the squats, get back on the bike and do another 10 minutes at the same level. Repeat this until you have done 40 minutes of biking and 100 squats total.

I do this workout all the time and it works great. It gets the heart rate up and maintains it. It allows you to put high intensity intervals in there for your muscles. And will gas your legs good. You keep this workout up throughout your limited duty status and you will be good to go when you get back to full duty.

Road biking blows if you are not going to ride more than 10 miles in one go. 20 preferably. Mountain biking is a lot better for exercise if you have good hills, but you will NOT want to do this with your wrist as it is. I get more bruises from mountain biking than I do from stick fighting. Wipeouts are frequent. Good wipeouts too where you endo the bike.

Here is a good workout for you: Get on a recumbent bike and set the level to a high enough level that you can go at a good cadence but not so low that it is easy. All these bikes are different, so you will just have to find the level for yourself. Go up to where you have to work hard to pedle then back it off a couple levels. Push hard for 10 minutes. Aftter 10 minutes, jump off the bike and do 25 squats. As soon as you are done with the squats, get back on the bike and do another 10 minutes at the same level. Repeat this until you have done 40 minutes of biking and 100 squats total.

I do this workout all the time and it works great. It gets the heart rate up and maintains it. It allows you to put high intensity intervals in there for your muscles. And will gas your legs good. You keep this workout up throughout your limited duty status and you will be good to go when you get back to full duty.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/18/2014 1:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome! Thanks for all the help guys

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    2/18/2014 1:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you guys were right. Swimming and road biking are out. Recumbent bike is in!

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    2/19/2014 1:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stationary or spin bikes are a way better option for cardio.
    You will be hard pressed to find enough road of an even grade without traffic or signals to get in a proper cardio workout in most areas, especially metro ones.

Also, i think a beard is mandatory for a recumbent, ymmv.

You may also be able to get away with a kickboard and some wrist/hand support for swimming to mix things up and the ellipticals etc still seem like viable options for you.

Posted On:
    2/19/2014 9:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can try some Kung fu stance training. I took KF years ago and they would put you in horse stance or some other stances for long periods. I'd be sweating like I was being sent to the chair just standing still.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123